duplicate copy of one entire clip was Backing up files

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2 2:06 AM
      Hi Mark,

      Everyone too: This clip makes ready at your finger tips the entire contents
      of one clip. No hassle of manually opening .clb etc.

      >My problem here is including the header (H=whatever). The best I can

      Also note that ^!SetClipboard is commented out so that it cannot be used
      because during my testing, tokens ^** got interpreted/evaluated.

      Be sure to read comments near top of clip.

      H="copy/save a single clip"
      ; Last edited:Tuesday, 02 October 2001
      ; AC ---------
      ; gets entire header and clip code content of one
      ; clip, and copies it into a new doc
      ; -----------
      ; this clip MUST BE launched from a clipbar button
      ; Also
      ; BEFORE you launch this clip you must
      ; right click a clip then choose
      ; headers to clipboard
      ; then click this clip's clipbar button
      ; then choose the desired clip
      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
      ^!SetArray %clips%=^$GetClipboard$
      ; Ensure the NoteTab INI file is being used
      ^!SetIniFile
      ; Save the NoteTab settings
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!Set %clb%=^$GetValue("Clipbook:DefaultLibrary")$
      ^!Set %clips%=^$StrReplace("^%NL%";"|";"^%clips%";True;False)$
      ^!Set %clip%=^?{(H=28) choose 1==^%clips%}
      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ^!Open ^$GetLibraryPath$^%clb%.clb
      ^!Find "H="^%clip%" IWST
      ^!Jump LINE_END
      ^!Set %row1%=^$GetRow$:1
      ^!Find "^pH=" IST
      ^!Jump SELECT_START
      ^!Set %row2%=^$GetRow$:1
      ^!SetCursor ^%row1%
      ^!SelectTo ^%row2%
      ; ^!SetClipboard ^$GetSelection$
      ^!SetCode %output%=^$GetSelection$
      ; ^!SetClipboard ^%output%
      ^!Close
      ^!Toolbar "New Document"
      ^!InsertCode ^%output%
      ; -----<end of clip<<

      Regards. Alan.
    • Mark Halsall
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5 5:57 AM
        Hi Hrs,

        This does do something and almost works, but it always jumps back into
        Windows and presents the Save As box (the correct file is in fact
        zipped but not saved). This happens either if I do it manually or
        with a clip such as:

        ^!Dos C:\pkzipw\pkzipw "C:\temp\test.zip" "C:\temp\test.txt"

        Mark

        > pkzipw <archive_name.zip> <list of files to compress, separated with
        spaces>

        > An example,
        > pkzipw test.zip file1.doc file2.doc
      • Mark Halsall
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6 10:10 AM
          Hi hrs,

          Thanks. I have a clumsy workaround - but it works:

          ^!Shell C:\pkzipw\pkzipw.exe C:\temp\test.zip C:\temp\test1.txt
          C:\temp\test2.txt
          ^!Delay 15
          ;enter into Save As dialog box
          ^!Keyboard #C:\temp\testx.zip# ENTER

          Funny thing is that C:\temp\test.zip is TOTALLY ignored.
          Also
          C:\temp\test1.txt is ignored if wrapped in double quotes
          and
          C:\temp\test2.txt is ignored if wrapped in double quotes.

          Very odd.

          I see Jody's Noteback clip uses
          ^!F:\Programs\WinZip\WinZip32.exe -min -a -en
          ^%ZipPath%^$StrLower("^$GetName(^##)$")$-otl.zip ^##

          So perhaps it would be simplest for me to get WinZip instead of PKZip.

          Regards,
          Mark