Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Modify Lines - Reverse?

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Harvey and Trish,
      >
      > >h="reverse line order"
      >
      > Shame on you for posting a Clip to the Basic list, Mr. Harvey! :)
      > Just for that, instead of 99 lashes with a wet noodle across the
      > eyeball (with Clip code), I give you the following. ;-รพ~~~
      >

      > Happy Clip'n!
      > Jody
      >
      > otirsh@... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Help? How do I reverse the order of lines of a text document in
      > > notetab ?

      Hi Jody,

      Sorry for posting to the wrong list. I just didn't think about
      it at the time.

      I guess I read Trish's post differently than the other 2
      respondents. I read it as a wish to reverse the line order, not
      to reverse sort lines.

      Either way, she has enough information to do what she wants and I
      got to write a simple little script to reverse line order.

      I think we both gained something from the exchange, and now, she
      has your 2 clips also.

      hrs
    • otirsh@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
        re: script Harvey posted in response to my request @

        --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Harvey R. Savage" <hsavage@s...> wrote:
        > I guess I read Trish's post differently than the other 2
        > respondents. I read it as a wish to reverse the line order, not
        > to reverse sort lines.

        You got it right, Harvey, despite my inappropriate alphabetical
        example. Thanks a lot. Had trouble with your script until I noticed
        that the ^!AppendToFile line had indeed word-wrapped.

        After I fixed that line, it worked brilliantly.

        Thanks again.

        Trish