Re: [Clip] Right Click Applications

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      Jim wrote:

      > I have Windows ME and in windows explorer, I can right click on a file to
      > present a list of options such as Open, Edit and Send To.
      >
      > I have copied Notetab Pro to the send to directory so that it shows up under
      > SendTo. But what I would like is for it to show up in the level above
      > send to so I don't have to select Send to. How do I do that? (Ultra-edit
      > puts their entry there automatically).
      >
      > Jim

      Hi Jim,

      PC Magazines web site has a nice utility for editing the context
      menu. Search (in ContextEdit) for .txt and double click. You
      might want to read the help file also.

      Here's the link;

      http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s%253D1478%2526a%253D6623,00.asp

      hrs
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
        Harvey,Jim
        The Notepad replacement editor Metapad that Jody recommended some time ago
        (thx Jody) has as part of its install zip a regedit file that adds the keys
        to make it (Metapad) available on the right-context menu for ALL file types.
        I used it and if modified would do the same thing for NoteTab
        --------- file contents ------
        REGEDIT4

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\metapad]
        @="&xMetapad"

        ; replace the metapad.exe between the two \" with the full path to metapad

        [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\metapad\command]
        @="\"metapad.exe\" %1"
        ---------end file contets ------
        Just replace metapad by notetab and save as "add_Notetab_Context.reg" or
        something similar. Note: "&x" in "&xMetapad" above makes "x" the shortcut
        (ie. rightClick+x opens the file in Metapad - I didn't want to "steal" the
        normal "rightClick+m=Rena&me" usage.

        BTW (Jody,Eric): Is there a reason that the shortcut menu inside Notetab
        uses "Re&name" instead of "Rena&me"?

        Harvey - thx for the ContextEditor link - it looks much "nicer", I'm d/l'ing
        it now but this "quick and dirty" will get the job done.

        Regards ... Alec
          >BTW (Jody,Eric): Is there a reason that the shortcut menu inside
          >Notetab uses "Re&name" instead of "Rena&me"?

          Eric would have to answer that, but "n" seems like the logical
          choice to me since "R" is being used for Reload.

          http://www.notetab.net