Re: [Clip] Sample Clips using Perl ?

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2001
      On 24 Sep 2001, at 9:12, Alec Burgess wrote:

      > Hi All:
      >
      > Are there any examples available of clips that call or invoke Perl
      > scripts available to download and use as a model or template for my
      > own work. I've d/l'd and used the library that Wayne created some time
      > ago using Gawk and I'd like to experiment with Perl.
      >
      > The only example of Perl use I've found is PerlLineNumber in the
      > samples clipbook.

      Hi Alec,

      It seems there aren't any. But it all depends what you intend to use
      the Perl clips for.

      In my work as a translator I use Perl clips to extract glossary
      entries and 'units' from Trados or other txt 'translation memory'
      clients send me.

      A clip I used recently looks like that

      while (<>) {
      if (/Seg L/o) {
      print $_;
      }
      }

      And of course you need another clip to be able to launch this one. I
      use the following:

      ^!FocusDoc
      ^!RunPerl Name_of_Perl_clip_here

      Happy Perl clippin'!