Re: [Clip] url to html

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 25, 2001
      Hi Harvey & Alan & Others,

      >^!Find (http:)|(ftp:) IRS

      I haven't been following this thread real
      close, but you might want to add:

      ^!Find (http:)|(ftp:)|(https:) IRS

      Also, have you considered relative links and converting them to
      absolute links? I'm not looking for an answer, just gave you
      some food for thought in case you have not covered that yet.

      http://www.notetab.net

    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 26, 2001
        Jody wrote:

        > Hi Harvey & Alan & Others,
        >
        > >^!Find (http:)|(ftp:) IRS
        >
        > I haven't been following this thread real
        > close, but you might want to add:
        >
        > ^!Find (http:)|(ftp:)|(https:) IRS
        >
        > Also, have you considered relative links and converting them to
        > absolute links? I'm not looking for an answer, just gave you
        > some food for thought in case you have not covered that yet.
        >
        > Happy Clip'n!
        > Jody

        Hi Jody,

        Good point, might as well as many possibilities as you can. With
        access to enough links a secure link will probably show up now
        and then.

        You'll have to pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure if I know the
        difference between relative and absolute links. Give me a hint.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 26, 2001
          Hi Harvey,

          >> ^!Find (http:)|(ftp:)|(https:) IRS

          >Good point, might as well as many possibilities as you can. With
          >access to enough links a secure link will probably show up now
          >and then.

          Yes, that is why I also recommended absolute links converted from
          relative.

          >You'll have to pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure if I know the
          >difference between relative and absolute links. Give me a hint.

          OK, since you only asked for a hint. Click on Help | NoteTab's
          Glossary. <g> The two phrases you want to look for start with
          an "A" and a "R".

          http://www.notetab.net