[Clip] Re: opening recursively with *

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 1999
      Hi Steve and Jody,

      >>Is there a way to get notetab to open all *.txt files within a
      >>directory structure?

      >H=Choose Files

      With a fixed path this will do it in one click:

      H="Open all HTML"
      ^!Open c:\program files\notetab pro\documents\*.htm

      Neat--turns out that both .htm and .html files are opened. Unlike in the
      dialog box method where you have to specify *.htm* in order to display the
      .html extensions.

      Or for some non-clip methods using Quick List:

      Add the path to your Favorites. Then double-click on the path for the dialog
      box.
      Add the files to your Favorites. Then right-click in the Quick List window
      and Open All.
      Add the path to Disk Files. Then Open All just as above.

      Cheers,
      Ray

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 1999
        Hi Ray,

        I'm sending this bak to the list from private eMail - thanks Ray!

        >> This is how you add more file types to this clip.
        >
        > I believe there were too many quotes in the clip. Please try this:
        >
        >H="Choose Files"
        >^!Open ^?[(T=O;S=M;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini|HTML Files
        >(*.htm*)|*.htm*|Clipbook Libraries (*.clb)|*.clb")Select files to open]

        Thanks - it was working for me, so I did not check it out real
        closely.

        The funny thing is I saw the ^!Open ..\Path\.Txt while I was
        looking for the others and thought to myself, "That doesn't work
        does it." <g> I had my mind set on getting the others and that
        is what I did. :) I think it is easy to forget the simple things
        when we do a lot of the more completed Clips that require a more
        complicated way of doing something for the Clip to run correctly.

        > Neat--turns out that both .htm and .html files are opened.
        > Unlike in the dialog box method where you have to specify
        > *.htm* in order to display the.html extensions.

        Yes, that is a Windows thing I believe. If you wanted the shmtl
        (?) though you would need: *.*htm or *.*htm*

        It has been a long day for me trying to do 1001 things at the
        same time.

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

      • Grant
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 1999
          > Add the path to Disk Files. Then Open All

          Ok here's a clip hack I use all the time to get access to all the files in
          the same directory from any OPEN file in Notetab. (um try it for it's easier
          to do than explain). It automatically adds the current documents path to
          disk files. Once done you can then as Ray says, focus on the Disk Files,
          right click and open all.
          If you just want to see .txt files change "*.* " to "*.txt"

          H=diskFiles
          ^!SetClipboard ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$*.*
          ^!Keyboard:ALT+T L K
          ^!Keyboard:SHIFT+F7 TAB
          ^!Keyboard:CTRL+V ENTER

          PS; I developed this short clip to get controlled access to other htm files
          in the same directory as my open file which is very handy for taking
          advantage of notetabs drag and drop anchor link formation capabilities.