[Clip] Re: opening recursively with *

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15 5:06 PM
      Hi Steve,

      >> Is there a way to get notetab to open all *.txt files within a
      >> directory structure? Thanks in advance.

      This is how you add more file types to this clip. I briefly
      tried to make *.* the default which is already put in
      automatically, but it didn't work. the default is whichever is
      the first file type listed. The command is one line.

      H=Choose Files
      ^!Open ^?[(T=O;S=M;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini"|"HTML Files (*.*htm*)|*.*htm*"|"Clipbook Libraries (*.clb)|*.clb")Select files to open]

      c ya,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15 6:14 PM
        Hi Steve and Jody,

        >>Is there a way to get notetab to open all *.txt files within a
        >>directory structure?

        >H=Choose Files

        With a fixed path this will do it in one click:

        H="Open all HTML"
        ^!Open c:\program files\notetab pro\documents\*.htm

        Neat--turns out that both .htm and .html files are opened. Unlike in the
        dialog box method where you have to specify *.htm* in order to display the
        .html extensions.

        Or for some non-clip methods using Quick List:

        Add the path to your Favorites. Then double-click on the path for the dialog
        box.
        Add the files to your Favorites. Then right-click in the Quick List window
        and Open All.
        Add the path to Disk Files. Then Open All just as above.

        Cheers,
        Ray

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15 6:51 PM
          Hi Ray,

          I'm sending this bak to the list from private eMail - thanks Ray!

          >> This is how you add more file types to this clip.
          >
          > I believe there were too many quotes in the clip. Please try this:
          >
          >H="Choose Files"
          >^!Open ^?[(T=O;S=M;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini|HTML Files
          >(*.htm*)|*.htm*|Clipbook Libraries (*.clb)|*.clb")Select files to open]

          Thanks - it was working for me, so I did not check it out real
          closely.

          The funny thing is I saw the ^!Open ..\Path\.Txt while I was
          looking for the others and thought to myself, "That doesn't work
          does it." <g> I had my mind set on getting the others and that
          is what I did. :) I think it is easy to forget the simple things
          when we do a lot of the more completed Clips that require a more
          complicated way of doing something for the Clip to run correctly.

          > Neat--turns out that both .htm and .html files are opened.
          > Unlike in the dialog box method where you have to specify
          > *.htm* in order to display the.html extensions.

          Yes, that is a Windows thing I believe. If you wanted the shmtl
          (?) though you would need: *.*htm or *.*htm*

          It has been a long day for me trying to do 1001 things at the
          same time.

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com

        • Grant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16 2:47 AM
            > Add the path to Disk Files. Then Open All

            Ok here's a clip hack I use all the time to get access to all the files in
            the same directory from any OPEN file in Notetab. (um try it for it's easier
            to do than explain). It automatically adds the current documents path to
            disk files. Once done you can then as Ray says, focus on the Disk Files,
            right click and open all.
            If you just want to see .txt files change "*.* " to "*.txt"

            H=diskFiles
            ^!SetClipboard ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$*.*
            ^!Keyboard:ALT+T L K
            ^!Keyboard:SHIFT+F7 TAB
            ^!Keyboard:CTRL+V ENTER

            PS; I developed this short clip to get controlled access to other htm files
            in the same directory as my open file which is very handy for taking
            advantage of notetabs drag and drop anchor link formation capabilities.