Re: [Clip] Subject: How to open file with clip

  • J.E.HALL
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2001
      Steve,

      At 02:30 AM 9/5/01 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Everybody,
      >
      > I am trying to open a file using a clip:
      >
      >H=";Open"
      >^!Open "E:\PROGRAM FILES\ACAD2000\JSA\100SH.LSP"
      >
      >there is a message box that says:
      >
      >^!Open "E:\PROGRAM FILES\ACAD2000\JSA\100SH.LSP"
      >
      >but it does not open the file.
      > What am I doing wrong?

      This works for me. I removed the semicolon in the Clip Header.

      H="Open SHCS LISP"
      ^!Open "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ACAD2000\SUPPORT\SHCS.LSP"

      The message box that says:
      ^!Open "E:\PROGRAM FILES\ACAD2000\JSA\100SH.LSP"
      Is an information Box (see below)

      The "ClipBook Header" (Informational Note) form of a "Clip" is denoted by
      being Highlighted in the Header Color, set in OPTIONS|CLIPBOOK TAB (Default
      = Red} and when clicked on they can cause NoteTab to open up an Information
      Note Box in the Editing Window if The Clip is formatted to do so. If not
      formatted to do so then NoteTab does nothing when they are selected and
      they simply serve as Clipbook Comments, Organizational Headings/Separators,
      or if no text is specified they simply serve as a blank line in the Editor
      Clipbook window display.

      NoteTab recognizes a Clip to be of this format when the Clip Header is
      preceded by a Semicolon.