How see value of set varaibles?

  • steveadausa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2001
      Hello Everybody,

      I am trying to set some variables.
      How can I see if the variables were
      set properly? (before I plug them into
      an algorithm).

      I have a little clip portion:

      H=";Get Variable"
      ^!Set %var1%=^$GetWord$

      A little window comes up and says:
      ^!Set %var1%=^$GetWord$

      How can I see the evaluated value of %var1%?

      Thank you,
      Steve Adams NTP
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2001
        Hi Steve,

        great, U found ^$GetWord$ I'll have to remember that one myself.

        >H=";Get Variable"
        >^!Set %var1%=^$GetWord$
        >How can I see if the variables were
        >set properly? (before I plug them into

        H="Get Variable"
        ^!Set %var1%=^$GetWord$
        ^!Info ^%var1%

        the semi colon in your header denotes it to 1. display red colored in the
        clipbook AND 2. makes it show an info box when clip is launched.

        a semi colon in the H= line is normally only used to show information as
        well as to divide up a clip library into sections.

        So, all U needed to do was remove the semi colon from the H= line and add
        the info line as I did above

        ^!Info ^%var1%

        the info command and also use a ^ preceding your variable, displays what is
        in the variable.

        (your other post, just remove the semi colon from the H= line)

        Alan.