Re: Need variable for "word beneath cursor"

  • rdeckard_@excite.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2001
      I use quotes around the file name and then use the Set %variable%=GetQuoteBlock and Shell ^%variablee% to open files with their associated program.
      I use the "short" pathname as the filename. A freeware utility called Path Copy can quickly copy it to the clipboard for pasting into the appropriate section.
      For your consideration. . .

      --- In ntb-clips@y..., steveadausa@y... wrote:
      > Hello Everybody.
      >
      > I need to create a clip very similar to
      > "Open File at Cursor", except I need several of
      > them, because many of the files I need to open
      > will have different extentions and be in different
      > directories.
      >
      > I need a variable for the "word at the cursor".
      > (I can not find a list of built-in variables).
      > Then I need the command that says "open this file".
      > (these are all ascii files that I am referring to).
      >
      > Any help directing me to the variable especially
      > will be appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Steve Adams NTP
    • Manuel_123
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2001
        Hi rdeckard

        I read your post and it's a very good idea. I've all my doc in the
        same folder.

        I write "pepito grillo.xls"
        I put the cursor between " .... "
        and launch the asociate application with the clip

        Regards.
        --- START OF THE CLIP---
        H="launchfilecite"
        ^!Set %variable%=^$GetQuoteBlock("No")$
        ;Path of my documents
        ^!Set %path%="C:\bd-datos\"
        ^!shell "^%path%^%variable%"
        -- END OF THE CLIP ---

        ---
        manuel123@...
        Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
        Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        http://manuel123.8m.com (en espaƱol)
        http://infoman.8m.com (english page)