Re: Join Lines: Special marker for lists?
- Hello Clueless,
I don't know how your original clip looks like, nor how you want the
text to be outputted, but this little clip will do something as you
have in mind:
^!Replace "*" >> "^P*" AWS
^!Replace "^P*" >> "*" AWS
- The first line inserts an extra linebreak before the *-chars - so
these lines will not be affected by the StrFormat-command,
- the second and the third do the formatting of the text (maybe you
use something different?).
0 = no left-margin
70 = rightmargin (so to speak)
True = Justify
- and the last one removes the extra space in front of the *
> Can you give me some hints on how to construct it?Maybe you could use GetCLipboard for that: first copy the text that
> the reformatting. And so if there are any lists in any of the text
> I've previously pasted, they end up getting joined.
> P.S. A while back you said it would be possible to have my Reformat
> clip, act only on the text that I was actually pasting into the
> Scrapbook each time. But I didn't understand how to do it. I think
> you said I could use the OnClipboardChange and a margin of 9999
you want to format and then do the reformat...
Building on the same idea as above:
You have copied from a webpage, so the clipboard is full with the
information you want to paste/format. Then:
1. The contents of the clipboard are copied to Variable NewText (with
an added Paragraph Mark in front of *
2. Variable NewText is reformatted
3. The Extra Paragraph Markers in NewText are removed again
4. The contents of NewText are pasted to your document...
Hope this helps,