email clip

  • ::Andrew::
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hello ntb-clips,

      I have this clip currently for sending mail:-

      ^!Email ^?[Email Address];^?[Subject];^$GetSelection$

      is there anything a bit more flash I can do with it?

      For example can I add a cc/bcc option. Can I have autocomplete based
      on previous entries or an address book? Can I have an attachments
      file finder?

      Any ideas?

      --
      Best regards,
      ::Andrew:: mailto:notetab@...

      http://at.omic.co.uk
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2001
        Hi Andrew,

        > ^!Email ^?[Email Address];^?[Subject];^$GetSelection$
        > For example can I add a cc/bcc option.

        I Eudora my default email client. I just tried

        ^!Email ^?[Email Address];^?[Subject];^?[Cc];^$GetSelection$

        and the Cc did not work; it pasted that part (the Cc) into the email body

        >Can I have autocomplete based
        > on previous entries or an address book?

        so far, your clip involves nothing beyond/outside of wizards (the pop up
        interactive dialog). Probably U cannot autocomplete directly into a clip
        wizard.

        At your discretion, (using common windows file management techniques use
        windows file explorer utility) Drag and drop NoteTab's autocorrect.clb
        file, drag and drop it into either say NoteTab or Notepad for that matter;
        the file will open as a document for viewing. You'll need to make a new
        library, named differently, but will need replicate certain lines from
        autocorrect.clb especially its top line(s)

        **the clip would become more involved** if indeed cannot auto correct
        directly into a clip wizard. A work around would then be, first of all,
        need to accomplish your auto correction tasks whilst in a text
        file/document. (this doc serve as scratch pad of sorts) > an empty text
        file whereby you begin type, does auto correction) Then gather what had
        been auto corrected from that (scratch pad) text document and put it into
        your email wizards/fields, do so in the latter stages of the clip.

        >Can I have an attachments
        > file finder?

        ^!Set %opn%=^?{(T=O)file_or_files}

        (finds for purpose to be opened etc.) above code line does find file(s) of
        any type. Dunno if that what you sought.

        Alan.