Re: [Clip] Difference between clips, scripts and wizards?

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 9:05 PM
      Jody wrote:

      > Presently, the terms used for the Clipbook Library, Libraries,
      > and Clips do not correctly define what they are. They were
      > correct in the early days of NoteTab, but it has now outgrown the
      > original terminology used. In NoteTab 5.0 Eric will be renaming
      > the Clipbook and associated parts/tools so that they do not cause
      > as much confusion and will hopefully "paint" a clearer picture of
      > what they are.

      It is quite a coincidence that you brought this up, because this
      afternoon I added the following note to my working copy of the NoteTab
      Glossary entry for "Clipbook:"

      '"Library Viewer" would be a more useful name for the "clipbook".

      'And if we must retain the "library" analogy, then we might do better
      to could call the clipbook the "catalog." But if we really want to be
      consistent; then what are now called "libraries" would instead be
      called clipbooks; because they are the "books" that contain the
      "clips;" just as a coupon book contains coupons, and a check book
      contains checks.

      'The folders (or directories) that contain the "books" could then be
      called "libraries." And what is now called the "clipbook" would
      become the "clipbook viewer."

      'So the data structure might look like this:

      Clip Library (Folder/Directory containing clip "books")
      Clipbook: (file containing clips)
      Clip: (Individual macro programs)

      'But since the worldwide user base of NoteTab already knows the
      present terminology, it would be next to impossible to get them to
      learn a newer, even if more logical, system. Sort of like trying to
      get the British to drive on the right side of the road.'

      I wouldn't get very high marks as a prognosticator, because from what
      you just wrote me, it looks like I was dead wrong; and we will indeed
      see a revamped nomenclature. This is one time when I'm quite happy to
      be proved wrong :)

      P.S. I'd like to say "thanks" to Jody and Rick Friedline for taking
      the time to explain in detail the distinctions between clips, scripts,
      and wizards.
    • Manuel_123
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6 3:29 PM
        It's possible make a test more esay?
        I would like do test similar the next

        but I would like write similar to in the clip

        Q. Where do you live
        A. Spain
        B. France
        C. Usa
        AOK=A

        It's posible make the text wiht a font bigger in the wizard?
        -------
        test
        ^!set %r%=^?[(H=9)Where live Manuel==A. Spain^=A|B. France^=B|C.
        Usa^=c]
        ^!set %ok%=A
        ^!IfSame "^%r%" "^%ok" ^!Info ok
        ^!IfDiff "^%r%" "^%ok" ^!Info Answer is ^%ok%
        ---------

        But the next don't work
        -------
        test
        ^!set %A%="Spain"
        ^!set %B%="France"
        ^!set %C%="Usa"

        ^!set %r%=^?[(H=9)Where live Manuel==A. ^%A% ^=A|B. ^%B%^=B|C.
        ^%C%^=c]
        ^!set %ok%=A
        ^!IfSame "^%r%" "^%ok" ^!Info ok
        ^!IfDiff "^%r%" "^%ok" ^!Info Answer is ^%ok%
        ;^!If %r% = "2" ^!Info ok
        -------

        ---
        manuel123@...
        Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
        Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        http://manuel123.8m.com (en espaƱol)
        http://infoman.8m.com (english page)
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6 9:42 PM
          Hi Manuel_123,

          >but I would like write similar to in the clip
          >
          >Q. Where do you live
          >A. Spain
          >B. France
          >C. Usa
          >AOK=A
          >
          >It's posible make the text wiht a font bigger in the wizard?

          Not in the wizard, but the Info boxes can be changed. Right
          click in one. That will set it in all Info boxes until you
          change it.

          >^!set %ok%=A

          Perhaps you need to set %ok%

          http://www.notetab.net