Re: [Clip] Clips embeded in files

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2001
      Hi Clueless in Seattle,

      >Title: A very complicated work
      >
      >I. Prologue [D:\Projects\Complicated Work\Prologue.txt]
      >
      >II. Beginning [D:\Projects\Complicated Work\Beginning.txt]
      >
      >III. Middle [D:\Projects\Complicated Work\Middle.txt]
      >
      >IV. End [D:\Projects\Complicated Work\End.txt]
      >
      >V. Epilogue [D:\Projects\Complicated Work\Epilogue.txt]
      >
      >My example uses hyperlinks. But could you also use clips, in
      >which the name of the clip is displayed, but the file path is
      >hidden? If so, where can I learn how to do that?

      In lesson two of ClipClass. You might need to start at the top
      of lesson two, and may even need to do lesson one first. Here is
      a snip from lesson two:

      We now will add the "^=" code to it so that it will actually
      print what follows it and not what the user clicks on. We will
      add the double "==" this time right after the caption field,
      "Times of day" to force the user to make an entry.

      <----------- Copy below ----------->
      H=Using ^=
      ^?[Times of day==Morning^=Guten Morgen,|Noon^=Top of the Day,|_Afternoon^=Nap Time!|Evening|Night^=nite...]
      <----------- Copy above ----------->

      Notice above that you do not have to keep the menu list all the
      same, "Evening" does not use the "^=" code.

      The data in the wizard is not restricted to only being inserted
      in the document. It can be stored in a variable (as we will see
      in later lessons), to execute commands, or even launch programs
      with to name a few.

      This next illustration is not one that you would probably build
      because of the unlikeness of the items listed, but will serve our
      purposes.

      Happy Script'n!
      Jody Adair

      ClipClass Outline & Library: Extract to NoteTab\Libraries
      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
      mailto:Ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page