Re: [Clip] Clip to delete text between HTML tags

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
      With all due respect, a post like the one below does nothing to advance the
      topic. A thanks is better addressed directly to the person you are thanking
      or held until there is substance to go with it. It takes unneccessary
      bandwidth and ads noise to archives. Even though saying thanks seems like a
      polite thing to do, it actually is bad form in a list group such as this.

      If you wish to respond directly to the writer, hit reply, cut an paste their
      email address in place of the ntb-clips address and off you go.

      ---
      Don Passenger

      snip...

      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
        Hi LaurieK,

        >> ^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS

        >Please repost the replace title operation in its entirety, just
        >what has to be used to accomplish this task in one post without
        >lots of extra faldarall so I can capture it and have it instead
        >of no do this, no do that, no do this... Please!!

        I am brain dead, so I do not know if you want more than this or not:

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        ^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS

        <--- Copy above this line, right --->
        <--- click over a Library, and --->
        <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

        Open an HTML file and click on the Clip after you add it to a
        Library and Save Now from the Library's content menu (right click).

        If you want to view the whole thread, then go to yahoo and the
        Clips list. Click on Messages if you are not there and then
        search for "Clip to delete text between HTML tags" w/o the
        quotes. (Somebody needs to set a standard WOTQ = without the
        quotes.;)

        >I'd ask what the AIWRS is but you will tell me to look in the
        >clip class and right now, I'd have no idea
        >who/why/what/where/when on that so .. so be it on the AIWRS but
        >please just send the proper info for a clip. Is it the long 8 or
        >9 line one or this one simple line?

        The Options are explained in ClipClass in more detail than what
        is in Help, but I will not refer you to it. <bg> In Help see,
        ^!Replace under the Index tab. ;)

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Dennis N. Partridge
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
          >> ^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS

          Jody,

          You have once again saved me a ton of extra code to my bloated programs...
          thanks!

          Best Wishes,

          Dennis N. Partridge
          partridge@...

          http://www.surnameweb.com/
          http://www.accessgenealogy.com/
          http://www.partridgenest.com/
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
            Hi Dennis,

            >> ^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS
            >
            >Jody,
            >
            >You have once again saved me a ton of extra code to my bloated
            >programs... thanks!

            Thanks, but it is not my ^!Replace line. ;) It was from:

            "Jason Waugh" <jwaugh26@...>

            But I'll let him know you said thanks. Jason, Dennis says thanks! <g>

            http://www.notetab.net

            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • LaurieK
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
              Jody....

              ^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS

              I was just checking to see that this is all one needs and the 8 or 9 lines
              worth of info form whomever which may also work just fine is really not
              required. This, above... is enough...

              <GAG> {choking on the clip class} :)
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 30, 2001
                Hi LaurieK,

                >^!Replace "<TITLE>.*</TITLE>" >> "<TITLE></TITLE>" AIWRS
                >
                >I was just checking to see that this is all one needs and the 8
                >or 9 lines worth of info form whomever which may also work just
                >fine is really not required. This, above... is enough...
                >
                ><GAG> {choking on the clip class} :)

                LOL! Someday... ;) One of the nice things about NoteTab is one
                can usually find a few ways to do something. I can dabble a bit
                with RegExp, but I prefer to write Clips for the fun of it an a
                lot of times Clips run faster than RegExp do. Others prefer
                RegExp over Clips. To each their own. I just answered Clueless
                with what he asked for and then only gave him a line of code to
                add to an existing Clip in the Utilities Library that works for
                most HTML tags and not just limited to the title tag. It also
                had an option to delete the text in between or not. All in all,
                one can do a whole lot of things with the Clip code that cannot
                be done with RegExp, but there are certainly some things that are
                way easier using RegExp.

                Happy Script'n!
                Jody Adair

                ClipClass Outline & Library: Extract to NoteTab\Libraries
                http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                mailto:Ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
                http://www.notetab.net
              • LaurieK
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 31, 2001
                  > LOL! Someday... ;) One of the nice things about NoteTab is one
                  > can usually find a few ways to do something. I can dabble a bit
                  > with RegExp, but I prefer to write Clips for the fun of it an a
                  > lot of times Clips run faster than RegExp do. Others prefer
                  > RegExp over Clips. To each their own. I just answered Clueless
                  > with what he asked for and then only gave him a line of code to
                  > add to an existing Clip in the Utilities Library that works for
                  > most HTML tags and not just limited to the title tag. It also
                  > had an option to delete the text in between or not. All in all,
                  > one can do a whole lot of things with the Clip code that cannot
                  > be done with RegExp, but there are certainly some things that are
                  > way easier using RegExp.
                  >
                  > Happy Script'n!
                  > Jody Adair

                  ::SIGH:: (see this in 72pt bold italic and BLOOD RED)

                  NOW what.. what the h### is RegExp...

                  I know Jody, why donchya just make up a big stew recipe full of EVERYTHING
                  possible about NoteTab, make sure its written in a form or fashion that only
                  the elite-est of gourmet chefs can understand, through it all together and
                  mail it to everyone who has no clue what's going on .. we'll leave it sit a
                  year or two and when it settles, we'll skim the clear stuff offa da top!
                  geeeeeze (and I'm NOT LOL-ing) ::exasparated SIGH of mega
                  proportions::
                • Andy Young
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 31, 2001
                    Hi, Laurie,

                    > NOW what.. what the h### is RegExp...

                    A quick look for "RegExp" in the topic index for NoteTab's Help for
                    Clip Programming will reveal a a lot of information.

                    RegExp is shortened form of Regular Expressions

                    Andy
                  • LaurieK
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 31, 2001

                      > A quick look for "RegExp" in the topic index for NoteTab's Help for
                      > Clip Programming will reveal a a lot of information.
                      >
                      > RegExp is shortened form of Regular Expressions
                      >
                      > Andy

                      Thank you Andy, its a bit more comforting to at least have a clue as to
                      where to find information on this. I thought it was yet another external
                      program that one should obtain, really had no clue... THANK YOU..

                      Laurie