Re: [Clip] Icon on clipbar doesn't change color

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 28, 2001
      Stephen Millard wrote:

      > Hi Clueless in Seattle.
      >
      > You don't always need a clip to solve your problems. As I see it you
      > have a clip/tool bar that does exactly what you want except give you
      > a visual cue for which file(s) need saving.
      >

      > 'Show Tab Icons' prefixes each tab title on NoteTab's main screen
      > with a small floppy disk icon. This is dimmed out until the file is
      > modified, when it becomes red. This is a prominent indicator for
      > which of the currently open files have been modified, and
      > could/should be saved.
      >
      > Stephen.

      Hi ClueLess, and all,

      If your color perception is anywhere close to normal this should
      work for you also. The difference between a green tab and a red
      tab is very easy to distinguish.

      This works better for me, since I don't like giving up screen
      space to icons, and is easy to become accustomed to.

      You can experiment with your own color choices, some are
      difficult
      to read.

      hrs

      View : Options : Tab Bar : Appearance

      Active = bright green
      Inactive = gray or dull brown
      Modified = bright red
      Paste pad = bright yellow
      Font = black or navy

      results of these choices,

      focused-unmodified, tab bright green, filename black or navy
      focused-modified, tab bright green, filename text red
      - modified text governed by the MODIFIED choice

      unfocused-unmodified, tab gray or brown, filename black or navy
      unfocused-modified, tab bright red, filename black or navy