[Clip] How to get NTB to extract all ... Netscape Messenger

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
      does anyone know how to extract  message headers from a certain inbox folder
      like ... Local Mail .... inbox ... New Visitor ... What I am doing manually now is to ...
      open netscape mail messenger ...  go to local mail ... inbox ...then New Visitor folder select all the messages then click on save as then file  .... C:\New Visitor.txt ... it gives me a file with the following messages and bodies .... all of them ...

      Subject:
        [Clip] Re: Tips & Clips newsletter was ^!Help
        Date:Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:49:13 -0600
         From:Kay Roath <notetab@...>
              To: ntb-clips@egroups.com

      I have it so it will extract the From: email@... but I do not know how to
      automate extracting  the message headers ....
      ^!Open "C:\Program Files\netscape\Users\bscott\Mail\inbox" ;this returns the last line of the clip ... this

      ^!Open "C:\Program Files\netscape\Users\bscott\Mail\inbox.snm"

       ...returns a binary file ...

      does anyone have any clues ....??

      Bill Scott

    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
        At 08:55 10/07/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >does anyone know how to extract message headers from a certain inbox folder
        >like ... Local Mail .... inbox ... New Visitor ... What I am doing
        >manually now is to ...
        >open netscape mail messenger ... go to local mail ... inbox ...then New
        >Visitor folder select all the messages then click on save as then
        >file .... C:\New Visitor.txt ... it gives me a file with the following
        >messages and bodies .... all of them ...

        I suggest you take a look at my new program called Mailbag Assistant. It
        can read Netscape mailboxes and includes a scripting language along the
        same lines as the Clip instructions. And even more important, it has a
        powerful message merge command based on customizable templates that let you
        easily export any message field into any format you like. There's more
        information about this new program and a download link to the latest beta
        release at:

        http://www.fookes.com/mailbag/

        Hope this is useful.

        Regards,
        Eric Fookes
        -----------
        NoteTab v4.6a available from

      • Norma Armstrong
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
          Will you be adding support for Regular Outlook as well? By the way, great
          program :)

          Norma

          http://www.fookes.com/mailbag/

          Hope this is useful.

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          -----------
          NoteTab v4.6a available from

          Be as loud as you want
          Get free email and 20MB of webspace at FortuneCity.com
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/367

        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
            O.K. I have mailbag open but I cannot find the subfolder newvisitor under
            inbox.smn .... when I try to open mailbag will only let me go as far as ... Mail
            folder
            but inside that is inbox.smn when I open that mailbox ... it does not show any of
            the
            messages that I have in folders under inbox ... ??

            Bill

          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
              sorry I found it ... arrg ... it was in another folder called inbox.sbd

              Bill

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 10, 1999
                Hi Bill,

                > sorry I found it ... arrg ... it was in another folder called
                > inbox.sbd

                Glad you found it! Could you please take the MailBag discussion
                over to that list please. Tanks!

                Happy NoteTabbin',
                Jody Adair

                To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from the NoteTab Mailing
                Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

                Subscribe:
                The NoteTab Basic List: NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                The NoteTab Clips List: Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
                The NoteTab HTML List: Ntb-html-Subscribe@...