[Clip] Re: can someone send me a copy of gawk -w32.exe

  • RS
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 1999
      Hi Bill,

      At 06:01 PM 07/09/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >for the life of me I cannot find gawk -w32.exe anywhere .... I must be
      looking
      >right
      >at it and not seeing ... I want to use NoteAwk ... I'll be your new best
      friend
      >*||:8^)
      >
      >Need new glasses ... *||:8>)
      >
      >Happy Stockdoggin ......

      This is the file I have in my root directory "C:\". Didn't work otherwise.

      Sorry I didn't keep the literature that comes with it.

      HTH.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 1999
        Hi Bill and Wayne,

        Wayne, the filename on your:

        http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/notetab.html

        for NoteAwk 4.25 is:

        http://landru.i-link-2.net/wayne/NoteAwk42.zip

        Does NoteAwk42.zip contain version 4.25?

        > for the life of me I cannot find gawk -w32.exe anywhere .... I
        > must be looking right at it and not seeing ... I want to use
        > NoteAwk ...

        From Help:

        If you don't have a Win32 Perl or Gawk interpreter installed on
        your computer, there are a number of good ones you can download
        from the Internet. The following Freeware 32-bit interpreters
        have been tested with NoteTab and work very well:

        For Perl: http://www.ActiveState.com/pw32/

        For Gawk:
        ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/simtelnet/gnu/gnuish/gawk303x.zip

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      • RS
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 1999
          Hi All,

          At 11:27 PM 07/09/99 -0400, RS wrote:
          >Hi Bill,
          >
          >At 06:01 PM 07/09/99 -0700, you wrote:
          >>for the life of me I cannot find gawk -w32.exe anywhere ....

          Ooops!

          I apologize to everybody for this mistake. I intended to send the
          attachment directly to Bill, not to the List. -:(

          I don't particularly like receiving attachments, and I know many people
          also have to pay for their time online or telephone usage.

          Justice was done in that I had to suffer waiting while my own attachment
          downloaded this morning!

          Sorry for the inconvenience.

          RS