Re: [Clip] File->Variable Problem

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4 7:43 AM
      Hi,

      >around. Basically I'm looking to get a small(ish) text file into a
      >variable and do some list processing on it without having to load the
      >file directly into NoteTab and process it.

      At times I've had use (resort to) what i call "hard coded" var to do
      this. not really hard coded but what it really is: instead of traditional
      computer's memory memory variable it's a (written to) "disk file variable"

      H="FORWAD"
      ^!Set %open%=_~Open
      ^!Set %sti%=_~SetTopicIndex
      ^!Set %jmp%=_~Jump
      ;
      ^!Set %open%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%open%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %open%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%open%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %sti%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%sti%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %sti%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%sti%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %jmp%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%jmp%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %jmp%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%jmp%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Deletefile ^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat
      ; **************************************
      ; next line writes a diskfile (the variable to do your task)
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat"
      ;storeit^%NL%^%NL%H="surfnow"^%NL%^%open% "^$GetDocName$"^%NL%^%sti%
      ^$GetTopicIndex$^%NL%^%jmp% ^$GetRow$
      ; Jump to link
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+H

      H="BACK"
      ^!Toolbar Close Document
      ^!FarClip "^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat:"surfnow""

      ----------
      the above is for surfing from an outline then the back clip gets the surfer
      back to a same spot in the outline

      notice the several lines under *******************

      Ntab's SampleCode library a demo of farclip with a .dat file

      Regards. Alan.
    • ste-m@clara.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4 8:22 AM
        Jody & Alan,

        Thanks for the help. The ^!SetCode command seems to do the trick
        nicely. It seems a little odd at first to have two set commands
        (excluding the slightly different one for arrays), but it does give
        you that extra bit of flexibity - which is why I got NoteTab in the
        first place.

        Thanks again.

        Stephen.