Re: [Clip] If TOM can do it, its MY TURN... HELP!!

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2001
      Laurie,

      At 10:27 PM 8/3/01 -0500, you wrote:
      >I'm stuck RIGHT AWAY. Now I can read, and I can also follow instructions
      >(Do I admit that I do tech support for a living? Ummm, maybe not...but
      >its not for programming so cut me some slack. I am so embarrassed to ask
      >these questions but HEY, everyone starts somewhere!!)
      >
      >So I wen to Tools > Clipbook > New Library and saved the Clip01.clb at
      >ATEST.clb and then closed it.
      >
      >Then I opened it, right click on the library blank window and chose to Add
      >New Clip, then named it TEST CLIP and clicked OK. The instructions I
      >have then state that the editor?? will have the words TEST CLIP in it as
      >well as the new title of a clip in the library window? Is this
      >correct? If so... WRONG! The editor window is still blank. But I save
      >the document, open it and then right click to choose to edit the clip.
      >
      >I then follow the instructions below:
      >
      >Clipbook Window to bring up the Clipbook pop up menu.
      >Click on EDIT CLIP
      >
      >TWO things will happen immediately:
      >
      >1. The (Clips) Document Name Tab will reappear
      >2. The Editor will switch to the Clip Editor mode and will display the
      >words "TEST CLIP" which is the Header (name) of the new clip.
      >
      >We now have the TEST CLIP open in the Editor with the Editor in the
      >Clipbook Editor Mode.
      >
      >TEST CLIP is NOT THERE

      You just missed a tiny little step that throws a monkey wrench in the works
      when it isn't right.

      Now place the cursor in the blank area of the Clipbook window and right
      click to bring up the Clipbook pop up menu. Near the bottom of the window
      is an entry that says "Show Headers". If this option is selected it will
      show a check mark in front of the words "Show Headers". If it does not show
      a check mark, left click on the words "Show Headers".

      At this time the pop up menu will disappear. Opening the pop up menu again
      will allow you to verify that the check mark is now present.

      Left clicking on any area outside of the pop up menu box will close it.

      Regards,

      Jim
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2001
        Hi LaurieK,

        If you followed Jim's advice to select 'Show Headers' the words
        TEST CLIP should appear at the top of the editor window.
        Regardless of whether the clip name shows you can still build a
        clip with the info in your email, with a couple of slight
        changes.

        The email may have changed the formatting of your text, if not
        the last 2 lines lines need editing.

        This is how the clip should appear in the editor window if you
        checked 'Show Headers' ;

        TEST CLIP
        ;Get the Name of the current document and
        ;save it in the Variable called %docfilename% (Gray)

        ^!Set %docfilename%=^$GetDocName$

        ;Print a Prompt to the screen telling
        ;the Name of the Current Document

        ^!prompt Current Document's File Name is: ^%docfilename%
        ; (BLUE)

        The word (BLUE) should be on another line or it will show as part
        of the filename, and anything other than a label, function or
        command should be commented out with a semi-colon as is the word
        blue.

        hrs

        -----------------------------------

        ------------------------------------

        > ::SIGH:: checking mail repeatedly!!
        >
        > Laurie

      • LaurieK
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2001
          you are a genious

          Show headers is what was needed... BUT... when I copy paste the script as it
          were, into the editor and save it, it now changes the clip name, so WOO HOO
          but... when I execute it, it shows a small windows that says

          The Document Name Is:

          OK

          THen I click OK and it shows the name of the current document and next to it
          is (blue) so what I am doing wrong that the world blue is showing? And why
          is the word blue there?
        • thefrank
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2001
            > why is the word blue there?

            if there can be an artist formerly known as Prince

            why can't there be a document formerly known as (blue).....

            <vbg> tf

            p.s. try - http://99secrets.com
            true web content circa 1996