Re: [Clip] New document

  • Jason Waugh
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
      On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
      >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
      >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I

      Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1 Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.

      Thanks,
      Jason Waugh.
    • Tom Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
        This is what I was looking for. Works great, thanks

        Tom Thomas

        At 08:47 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
        >On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
        > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
        > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
        >
        >Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with
        >NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1
        >Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML
        >Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.
        >

        >Thanks,
        >Jason Waugh.

      • Charles M. Raine
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
          On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:38:40 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
          >I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

          Hi Tom:

          That is the first word of a Long line, which was split by the email
          program. Follow the ^!Set with a blank and the next 3 lines, as in:

          ; Long line follows:
          ^!Set
          %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
          ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
          Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
          ; End of long line.

          If you still have a problem, write me by private email.

          Charlie.

          -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

          -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
        • LaurieK
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
            From: "Tom Thomas" <bprint@...>

            > I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
            > clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
            > since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
            > Draw. This really is neat.
            >
            > Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
            > and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
            want
            > to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

            Tom, I am so not happy right now.

            You JUST learn about it and PRESTO you make a clip and it works and you are
            now making fancy toggle features... I am SO JEALOUS. (I know, but I've not
            had the time to FOCUS)

            I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the Clip
            Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see first hand...
            ::sigh::

            I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I have to
            focus on).

            Congrats Tom! Long time user, not a clipper...YET!
            Laurie
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
              Hi LaurieK,

              > I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the
              > Clip Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see
              > first hand...

              See http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for help with the
              Clipbar.
              It is also in Outline format: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

              >I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I
              >have to focus on).

              I think if you would spend a few hours with my ClipClass lessons
              you will be well on your way:

              http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

              http://www.notetab.net

              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
            • Tom Thomas
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                Charlie,

                That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what I was
                after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy later.

                Thanks,
                Tom Thomas

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                  Hi Tom,

                  >That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what
                  >I was after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy
                  >later.

                  You might also try out my Library Toggle. The purpose of it is
                  to have a simple and easy way to toggle Libraries to and from the
                  Libraries bar either from a Library or the Clipbar.

                  http://www.notetab.net/zip/libtoggle.zip

                  If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                  Charles Raines'...

                  The Librarian
                  http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 7, 2001
                    On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:56:55 -0500, Jody wrote:

                    >If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                    >Charles Raines'...
                    >
                    >The Librarian
                    >http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                    Please NOTE: the above link is to an Outdated Web Page, which I no
                    longer have access to. PLEASE DO NOT use this link! Instead, use the
                    following:

                    http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html

                    Thanks...

                    Charlie