Re: [Clip] Re: Clipbar Switching Clip.

  • Tom Thomas
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
      I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

      Tom

      At 07:22 PM 8/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
      >On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
      > >
      > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
      > >another
      > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
      > >I want
      > >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.
      >
      >Hi Tom:
      >
      >Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
      >able to switch to any clipbar.
      >
      >H="Open Clipbar"
      >^!SetListDelimiter |
      >^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
      >^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
      >^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
      >^!Inc %cnt%
      >^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
      >^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
      >^!Set
      >%StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
      >^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
      >Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
      >^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%
      >
      >Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
      >on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.
      >
      >Enjoy,
      >Charlie
      >

      >-- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001
      >
      >-- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/

    • Jason Waugh
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
        On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
        >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
        >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I

        Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1 Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.

        Thanks,
        Jason Waugh.
      • Tom Thomas
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
          This is what I was looking for. Works great, thanks

          Tom Thomas

          At 08:47 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
          >On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
          > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
          > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
          >
          >Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with
          >NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1
          >Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML
          >Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.
          >

          >Thanks,
          >Jason Waugh.

        • Charles M. Raine
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
            On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:38:40 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
            >I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

            Hi Tom:

            That is the first word of a Long line, which was split by the email
            program. Follow the ^!Set with a blank and the next 3 lines, as in:

            ; Long line follows:
            ^!Set
            %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
            ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
            Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
            ; End of long line.

            If you still have a problem, write me by private email.

            Charlie.

            -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

            -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
          • LaurieK
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
              From: "Tom Thomas" <bprint@...>

              > I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
              > clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
              > since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
              > Draw. This really is neat.
              >
              > Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
              > and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
              want
              > to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

              Tom, I am so not happy right now.

              You JUST learn about it and PRESTO you make a clip and it works and you are
              now making fancy toggle features... I am SO JEALOUS. (I know, but I've not
              had the time to FOCUS)

              I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the Clip
              Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see first hand...
              ::sigh::

              I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I have to
              focus on).

              Congrats Tom! Long time user, not a clipper...YET!
              Laurie
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                Hi LaurieK,

                > I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the
                > Clip Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see
                > first hand...

                See http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for help with the
                Clipbar.
                It is also in Outline format: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

                >I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I
                >have to focus on).

                I think if you would spend a few hours with my ClipClass lessons
                you will be well on your way:

                http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                http://www.notetab.net

                http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
              • Tom Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                  Charlie,

                  That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what I was
                  after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy later.

                  Thanks,
                  Tom Thomas

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                    Hi Tom,

                    >That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what
                    >I was after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy
                    >later.

                    You might also try out my Library Toggle. The purpose of it is
                    to have a simple and easy way to toggle Libraries to and from the
                    Libraries bar either from a Library or the Clipbar.

                    http://www.notetab.net/zip/libtoggle.zip

                    If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                    Charles Raines'...

                    The Librarian
                    http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 7, 2001
                      On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:56:55 -0500, Jody wrote:

                      >If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                      >Charles Raines'...
                      >
                      >The Librarian
                      >http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                      Please NOTE: the above link is to an Outdated Web Page, which I no
                      longer have access to. PLEASE DO NOT use this link! Instead, use the
                      following:

                      http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html

                      Thanks...

                      Charlie