Re: Clipbar Switching Clip.

  • Charles M. Raine
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
      On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:

      >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
      >another
      >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
      >I want
      >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

      Hi Tom:

      Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
      able to switch to any clipbar.

      H="Open Clipbar"
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
      ^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
      ^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
      ^!Inc %cnt%
      ^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
      ^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
      ^!Set
      %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
      ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
      Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
      ^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%

      Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
      on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.

      Enjoy,
      Charlie

      -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

      -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
    • Tom Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
        I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

        Tom

        At 07:22 PM 8/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
        >On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
        > >
        > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
        > >another
        > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
        > >I want
        > >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.
        >
        >Hi Tom:
        >
        >Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
        >able to switch to any clipbar.
        >
        >H="Open Clipbar"
        >^!SetListDelimiter |
        >^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
        >^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
        >^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
        >^!Inc %cnt%
        >^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
        >^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
        >^!Set
        >%StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
        >^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
        >Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
        >^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%
        >
        >Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
        >on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.
        >
        >Enjoy,
        >Charlie
        >

        >-- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001
        >
        >-- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/

      • Jason Waugh
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
          On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
          >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
          >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I

          Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1 Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.

          Thanks,
          Jason Waugh.
        • Tom Thomas
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
            This is what I was looking for. Works great, thanks

            Tom Thomas

            At 08:47 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
            >On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
            > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
            > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
            >
            >Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with
            >NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1
            >Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML
            >Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.
            >

            >Thanks,
            >Jason Waugh.

          • Charles M. Raine
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
              On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:38:40 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
              >I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

              Hi Tom:

              That is the first word of a Long line, which was split by the email
              program. Follow the ^!Set with a blank and the next 3 lines, as in:

              ; Long line follows:
              ^!Set
              %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
              ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
              Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
              ; End of long line.

              If you still have a problem, write me by private email.

              Charlie.

              -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

              -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
            • LaurieK
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                From: "Tom Thomas" <bprint@...>

                > I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
                > clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
                > since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
                > Draw. This really is neat.
                >
                > Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
                > and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
                want
                > to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

                Tom, I am so not happy right now.

                You JUST learn about it and PRESTO you make a clip and it works and you are
                now making fancy toggle features... I am SO JEALOUS. (I know, but I've not
                had the time to FOCUS)

                I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the Clip
                Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see first hand...
                ::sigh::

                I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I have to
                focus on).

                Congrats Tom! Long time user, not a clipper...YET!
                Laurie
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                  Hi LaurieK,

                  > I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the
                  > Clip Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see
                  > first hand...

                  See http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for help with the
                  Clipbar.
                  It is also in Outline format: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

                  >I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I
                  >have to focus on).

                  I think if you would spend a few hours with my ClipClass lessons
                  you will be well on your way:

                  http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                  http://www.notetab.net

                  http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
                • Tom Thomas
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                    Charlie,

                    That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what I was
                    after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy later.

                    Thanks,
                    Tom Thomas

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                      Hi Tom,

                      >That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what
                      >I was after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy
                      >later.

                      You might also try out my Library Toggle. The purpose of it is
                      to have a simple and easy way to toggle Libraries to and from the
                      Libraries bar either from a Library or the Clipbar.

                      http://www.notetab.net/zip/libtoggle.zip

                      If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                      Charles Raines'...

                      The Librarian
                      http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 7, 2001
                        On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:56:55 -0500, Jody wrote:

                        >If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                        >Charles Raines'...
                        >
                        >The Librarian
                        >http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                        Please NOTE: the above link is to an Outdated Web Page, which I no
                        longer have access to. PLEASE DO NOT use this link! Instead, use the
                        following:

                        http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html

                        Thanks...

                        Charlie