Re: [Clip] New document

  • Tom Thomas
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
      I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
      clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
      since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
      Draw. This really is neat.

      Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
      and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I want
      to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

      Tom Thomas

      At 06:36 PM 8/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      >^!Keyboard CTRL+N
      >
      >Works great too for new document. I have replaced the standard
      >toolbars with clipbars and use clips like this to do the common
      >functions such as Save, New, etc. I have the toolbars just the way I
      >like them.
      >
      >Dan

    • Charles M. Raine
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
        On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:

        >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
        >another
        >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
        >I want
        >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

        Hi Tom:

        Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
        able to switch to any clipbar.

        H="Open Clipbar"
        ^!SetListDelimiter |
        ^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
        ^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
        ^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
        ^!Inc %cnt%
        ^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
        ^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
        ^!Set
        %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
        ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
        Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
        ^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%

        Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
        on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.

        Enjoy,
        Charlie

        -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

        -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
      • Tom Thomas
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
          I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

          Tom

          At 07:22 PM 8/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
          >On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
          > >
          > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
          > >another
          > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
          > >I want
          > >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.
          >
          >Hi Tom:
          >
          >Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
          >able to switch to any clipbar.
          >
          >H="Open Clipbar"
          >^!SetListDelimiter |
          >^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
          >^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
          >^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
          >^!Inc %cnt%
          >^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
          >^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
          >^!Set
          >%StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
          >^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
          >Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
          >^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%
          >
          >Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
          >on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.
          >
          >Enjoy,
          >Charlie
          >

          >-- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001
          >
          >-- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/

        • Jason Waugh
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
            On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
            >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
            >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I

            Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1 Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.

            Thanks,
            Jason Waugh.
          • Tom Thomas
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
              This is what I was looking for. Works great, thanks

              Tom Thomas

              At 08:47 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
              >On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
              > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
              > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
              >
              >Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with
              >NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1
              >Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML
              >Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.
              >

              >Thanks,
              >Jason Waugh.

            • Charles M. Raine
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:38:40 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
                >I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

                Hi Tom:

                That is the first word of a Long line, which was split by the email
                program. Follow the ^!Set with a blank and the next 3 lines, as in:

                ; Long line follows:
                ^!Set
                %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
                ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
                Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
                ; End of long line.

                If you still have a problem, write me by private email.

                Charlie.

                -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

                -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
              • LaurieK
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                  From: "Tom Thomas" <bprint@...>

                  > I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
                  > clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
                  > since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
                  > Draw. This really is neat.
                  >
                  > Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
                  > and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
                  want
                  > to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

                  Tom, I am so not happy right now.

                  You JUST learn about it and PRESTO you make a clip and it works and you are
                  now making fancy toggle features... I am SO JEALOUS. (I know, but I've not
                  had the time to FOCUS)

                  I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the Clip
                  Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see first hand...
                  ::sigh::

                  I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I have to
                  focus on).

                  Congrats Tom! Long time user, not a clipper...YET!
                  Laurie
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                    Hi LaurieK,

                    > I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the
                    > Clip Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see
                    > first hand...

                    See http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for help with the
                    Clipbar.
                    It is also in Outline format: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

                    >I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I
                    >have to focus on).

                    I think if you would spend a few hours with my ClipClass lessons
                    you will be well on your way:

                    http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                    http://www.notetab.net

                    http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
                  • Tom Thomas
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                      Charlie,

                      That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what I was
                      after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy later.

                      Thanks,
                      Tom Thomas

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                        Hi Tom,

                        >That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what
                        >I was after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy
                        >later.

                        You might also try out my Library Toggle. The purpose of it is
                        to have a simple and easy way to toggle Libraries to and from the
                        Libraries bar either from a Library or the Clipbar.

                        http://www.notetab.net/zip/libtoggle.zip

                        If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                        Charles Raines'...

                        The Librarian
                        http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 7, 2001
                          On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:56:55 -0500, Jody wrote:

                          >If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                          >Charles Raines'...
                          >
                          >The Librarian
                          >http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                          Please NOTE: the above link is to an Outdated Web Page, which I no
                          longer have access to. PLEASE DO NOT use this link! Instead, use the
                          following:

                          http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html

                          Thanks...

                          Charlie