New document

  • DanM@Nutron.Ca
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
      ^!Keyboard CTRL+N

      Works great too for new document. I have replaced the standard
      toolbars with clipbars and use clips like this to do the common
      functions such as Save, New, etc. I have the toolbars just the way I
      like them.

      Dan
    • Tom Thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
        I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
        clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
        since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
        Draw. This really is neat.

        Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
        and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I want
        to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

        Tom Thomas

        At 06:36 PM 8/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
        >^!Keyboard CTRL+N
        >
        >Works great too for new document. I have replaced the standard
        >toolbars with clipbars and use clips like this to do the common
        >functions such as Save, New, etc. I have the toolbars just the way I
        >like them.
        >
        >Dan

      • Charles M. Raine
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
          On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:

          >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
          >another
          >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
          >I want
          >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

          Hi Tom:

          Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
          able to switch to any clipbar.

          H="Open Clipbar"
          ^!SetListDelimiter |
          ^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
          ^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
          ^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
          ^!Inc %cnt%
          ^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
          ^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
          ^!Set
          %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
          ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
          Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
          ^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%

          Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
          on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.

          Enjoy,
          Charlie

          -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

          -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
        • Tom Thomas
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
            I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

            Tom

            At 07:22 PM 8/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
            >On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 19:42:46 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
            > >
            > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to
            > >another
            > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all
            > >I want
            > >to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.
            >
            >Hi Tom:
            >
            >Here is a clip which you can put on any or all your clipbars, to be
            >able to switch to any clipbar.
            >
            >H="Open Clipbar"
            >^!SetListDelimiter |
            >^!Set %DefPath%=^$GetLibraryPath$
            >^!Set %StringList%=^$GetFiles(^%DefPath%;*.ctb;NAME)$
            >^!Set %cnt%=^$StrCount("|";"^%StringList%";n;n)$
            >^!Inc %cnt%
            >^!If ^%cnt%>20 ^!Set %cnt%=20
            >^!Set %StringList%="^$StrReplace(".ctb";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
            >^!Set
            >%StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
            >^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
            >Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
            >^!OpenClipbar ^%bar%
            >
            >Add the above clip to one of your libraries and setup an Icon for it
            >on all your clipbars. I have it as the first Icon on each clipbar.
            >
            >Enjoy,
            >Charlie
            >

            >-- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001
            >
            >-- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/

          • Jason Waugh
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
              On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
              >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
              >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I

              Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1 Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.

              Thanks,
              Jason Waugh.
            • Tom Thomas
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                This is what I was looking for. Works great, thanks

                Tom Thomas

                At 08:47 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
                >On 03/08/2001 at 7:42 PM Tom Thomas wrote:
                > >Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
                > >and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
                >
                >Use the !^OpenClipbar command. See the HTML clip library that came with
                >NoteTab for an example of this... you'll notice two clips (Open HTML-1
                >Clipbar and OpenHTML-2 Clipbar). You'll also notice on each of the HTML
                >Clipbars that one of the icons is a little arrow which flips to the other one.
                >

                >Thanks,
                >Jason Waugh.

              • Charles M. Raine
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                  On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:38:40 -0400, Tom Thomas wrote:
                  >I keep getting an error - line 8 clip syntax error --- ^!Set

                  Hi Tom:

                  That is the first word of a Long line, which was split by the email
                  program. Follow the ^!Set with a blank and the next 3 lines, as in:

                  ; Long line follows:
                  ^!Set
                  %StringList%="^$StrReplace("^%DefPath%";"";"^%StringList%";n;n)$"
                  ^!Set %bar%=^%DefPath%^?{(T=A;H=^%cnt%)Please Choose Clip Bar you
                  Want:=^%StringList%}.ctb
                  ; End of long line.

                  If you still have a problem, write me by private email.

                  Charlie.

                  -- Charles M. Raine, rainec@... on 08/03/2001

                  -- Home Page: http://www.mts.net/~rainec/
                • LaurieK
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                    From: "Tom Thomas" <bprint@...>

                    > I have been using NoteTab for a long time and never knew anything about
                    > clipbars till this afternoon. So I looked it up in the help files. I have
                    > since made a couple of them along with some custom icons made in Corel
                    > Draw. This really is neat.
                    >
                    > Now, is there a way to make a clip to toggle from one clipbar to another
                    > and add that to my clipbar? I know I can go to the menu bar, but all I
                    want
                    > to do is toggle between my two custom clipbars.

                    Tom, I am so not happy right now.

                    You JUST learn about it and PRESTO you make a clip and it works and you are
                    now making fancy toggle features... I am SO JEALOUS. (I know, but I've not
                    had the time to FOCUS)

                    I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the Clip
                    Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see first hand...
                    ::sigh::

                    I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I have to
                    focus on).

                    Congrats Tom! Long time user, not a clipper...YET!
                    Laurie
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2001
                      Hi LaurieK,

                      > I wish I knew someone in the Dallas are who USED NTP and the
                      > Clip Libraries/Bars/Programming etc, etc, etc so I could see
                      > first hand...

                      See http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm for help with the
                      Clipbar.
                      It is also in Outline format: http://www.notetab.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

                      >I'm gonna focus this weekend (with the bazillion other things I
                      >have to focus on).

                      I think if you would spend a few hours with my ClipClass lessons
                      you will be well on your way:

                      http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                      http://www.notetab.net

                      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
                    • Tom Thomas
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                        Charlie,

                        That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what I was
                        after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy later.

                        Thanks,
                        Tom Thomas

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 4, 2001
                          Hi Tom,

                          >That did the trick. Although the method Jason mentioned was what
                          >I was after. I will save your clip because it might come in handy
                          >later.

                          You might also try out my Library Toggle. The purpose of it is
                          to have a simple and easy way to toggle Libraries to and from the
                          Libraries bar either from a Library or the Clipbar.

                          http://www.notetab.net/zip/libtoggle.zip

                          If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                          Charles Raines'...

                          The Librarian
                          http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 7, 2001
                            On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:56:55 -0500, Jody wrote:

                            >If you have the need to manage many Libraries I suggest you try
                            >Charles Raines'...
                            >
                            >The Librarian
                            >http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

                            Please NOTE: the above link is to an Outdated Web Page, which I no
                            longer have access to. PLEASE DO NOT use this link! Instead, use the
                            following:

                            http://www.mts.net/~rainec/notetab.html

                            Thanks...

                            Charlie