Re: [Clip] theFrank - Running a PHP script from NT

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi Clint

      Does MySQL run under Win98 or is Linux required? Thanks for the info.

      Ray Shapp
      Watchung, NJ
    • Michael Gerholdt
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
        I have php, apache and mysql running at home on my Win98 box
        as well as pws(asp)

        apache and pws just have to be configured for different ports.

        > Hi Clint
        >
        > Does MySQL run under Win98 or is Linux required? Thanks for the info.
        >
        > Ray Shapp
        > Watchung, NJ
      • Scott Fordin
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
          No, you can run MySQL under Windows, Linux, Solaris, and a
          few other UNIXes. I'm sure there's a Mac version as well,
          but I haven't tried it myself.

          NuSphere Corporation (http://www.nusphere.com) has a nice
          free implementation (they also have implementations that
          cost real pfennigs).

          Scott