Re: [Clip] theFrank - Running a PHP script from NT

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 6:26 AM
      I am also available for PHP-MySQL questions if anyone wants/needs to.

      Clint

      From: casullian_454@...
      Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 04:43:43 -0000

      > The emerging powerplay is Apache-PHP-MySQL to deliver dynamic
      content
      > to the www. I have myself built (in one case, and using NoteTabPro,
      > btw...) 12 PHP documents that deliver over 40,000 unique webpages
      > from our server-side database. Average filesize: 16k. Did I mention
      > that PHP is fast...?

      theFrank

      Please email me off line. I would like to ask you a few questions
      about PHP-MySQL if you have the time.

      Thanks Mark casullian_454@...

    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 7:16 AM
        Hi Clint

        Does MySQL run under Win98 or is Linux required? Thanks for the info.

        Ray Shapp
        Watchung, NJ
      • Michael Gerholdt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 11:07 AM
          I have php, apache and mysql running at home on my Win98 box
          as well as pws(asp)

          apache and pws just have to be configured for different ports.

          > Hi Clint
          >
          > Does MySQL run under Win98 or is Linux required? Thanks for the info.
          >
          > Ray Shapp
          > Watchung, NJ
        • Scott Fordin
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1 5:26 PM
            No, you can run MySQL under Windows, Linux, Solaris, and a
            few other UNIXes. I'm sure there's a Mac version as well,
            but I haven't tried it myself.

            NuSphere Corporation (http://www.nusphere.com) has a nice
            free implementation (they also have implementations that
            cost real pfennigs).

            Scott