[Clip] Re: ProgIniLoad: Eric, Bug?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 1999
      Hi Larry and Eric,

      I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
      ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?

      >> I cannot get ProgIniLoad to change my Toolbar. I though we
      >> could do this. The ini file that I am trying to load shows
      >> the configuration that I did ProgIniSave with, but only the
      >> other options change, nit the Toolbar. Are we allowed to? Is
      >> is broke for you and I?
      >
      > I don't know about whether it is broke or not but it does not
      > work for me either. The help file says that autoload is
      > ignored. It appears that toolbar settings are ignored also.
      > The only way that I can do this is to copy my ini to another
      > file (Test.ini). Then set up a shortcut to launch NoteTab as
      > Notepro.exe /INI=Test.ini. Then I close my current NoteTab and
      > launch the other. Then I change the toolbar around the way I
      > want it. Now I can quit NoteTab. When I start NoteTab with my
      > regular Windows shortcut, it comes up with the same old toolbar
      > settings that it had before. If I close it and launch with the
      > other shortcut, the toolbar shows the changes that I made to
      > the other one. This is much less desireable than having
      > ProginiSave and ProginiLoad do it but that is all we have right
      > now. Eric might fix us up in version 4.62 - do you
      > suppose/hope???? Cross your fingers.

      I believe it was working at one time. I remember quite well all
      the discussions one /L=ini :) Thank you for them all and I have
      used that. I believe I tested the ProgIniSave on the Toolbar
      when it first came out and remembering it working??? I found a
      good reason now to make a whole new toolbar - actually I knew it
      all the time, but just did not have the time to do it.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe

    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 1999
        Hi Jody,

        At 05:57 PM 7/4/1999 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi Larry and Eric,
        >
        >I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
        >ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?

        I am less certain than you. I have version 4.60 and tested it and this
        does not work there either. If it worked for you, I think that it would
        have to have been during beta testing before 4.60 was released.
        ProginiSave and ProginiLoad did not exist before 4.60.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...

      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 1999
          Hi Larry and Jody,

          >>I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
          >>ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?
          >
          >I am less certain than you. I have version 4.60 and tested it and this
          >does not work there either. If it worked for you, I think that it would
          >have to have been during beta testing before 4.60 was released.
          >ProginiSave and ProginiLoad did not exist before 4.60.

          It's true, you cannot change the toolbar buttons through ProginiLoad. In
          fact, this has never been possible. I'll see if I can find a way to make it
          possible, but it really isn't a top priority so I prefer not to make any
          promisses (the Clip toolbar will be a better alternative anyway, once I
          implement it).

          Regards,
          Eric Fookes
          -----------
          NoteTab v4.6a available from

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 1999
            Hi Eric,

            It must have been in one of my NoteTab dreams then. Sure did work
            good though. <g> I know you will do what you can and I thank you
            for all of the past you did and more to come! :)

            >It's true, you cannot change the toolbar buttons through ProginiLoad. In
            >fact, this has never been possible. I'll see if I can find a way to make it
            >possible, but it really isn't a top priority so I prefer not to make any
            >promisses (the Clip toolbar will be a better alternative anyway, once I
            >implement it).

            c ya,
            Jody

            The whole world doth err save you