Re: [Clip] Apologies to the Group

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2001
      Hi LaurieK,

      Yes, your replies go to the whole group. If I just want to say
      thanks, I *normally* do so in private eMail. Sometimes there are
      a few people answering in a single thread (a number of posts
      having the same Subject) and then I can normally sneak it all in
      when replying to what looks like will be the last post. ;) I
      sometimes use TIA, but end up sending a short thanks private
      eMail anyway.

      I don't mind people saying thanks to the list so much when it is
      on top of the post, but to have to scroll down pages of text just
      see "Thanks" can get annoying. Some people have to pay for extra
      time on line or by the KB after a certain point in many
      countries, so please do delete extra text that is not needed for
      your reply to be understood.

      >It just hit me, replying to these messages quotes them all back and it does
      >not go to the individual but the group. I'm not one to use this forum
      >often and I ask for forgiveness in this transgression :)

      99 lashes with a wet noodle over the eyeball for that one!-)

      http://www.notetab.net

      http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips