[Clip] Re: ProgIniLoad

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 1999
      Hi Jody,

      At 05:00 AM 7/2/1999 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi All,
      >
      >I cannot get ProgIniLoad to change my Toolbar. I though we could
      >do this. The ini file that I am trying to load shows the
      >configuration that I did ProgIniSave with, but only the other
      >options change, nit the Toolbar. Are we allowed to? Is is broke
      >for you and I?

      I don't know about whether it is broke or not but it does not work for me
      either. The help file says that autoload is ignored. It appears that
      toolbar settings are ignored also. The only way that I can do this is to
      copy my ini to another file (Test.ini). Then set up a shortcut to launch
      NoteTab as Notepro.exe /INI=Test.ini. Then I close my current NoteTab and
      launch the other. Then I change the toolbar around the way I want it. Now
      I can quit NoteTab. When I start NoteTab with my regular Windows shortcut,
      it comes up with the same old toolbar settings that it had before. If I
      close it and launch with the other shortcut, the toolbar shows the changes
      that I made to the other one. This is much less desireable than having
      ProginiSave and ProginiLoad do it but that is all we have right now. Eric
      might fix us up in version 4.62 - do you suppose/hope???? Cross your fingers.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 1999
        Hi Larry and Eric,

        I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
        ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?

        >> I cannot get ProgIniLoad to change my Toolbar. I though we
        >> could do this. The ini file that I am trying to load shows
        >> the configuration that I did ProgIniSave with, but only the
        >> other options change, nit the Toolbar. Are we allowed to? Is
        >> is broke for you and I?
        >
        > I don't know about whether it is broke or not but it does not
        > work for me either. The help file says that autoload is
        > ignored. It appears that toolbar settings are ignored also.
        > The only way that I can do this is to copy my ini to another
        > file (Test.ini). Then set up a shortcut to launch NoteTab as
        > Notepro.exe /INI=Test.ini. Then I close my current NoteTab and
        > launch the other. Then I change the toolbar around the way I
        > want it. Now I can quit NoteTab. When I start NoteTab with my
        > regular Windows shortcut, it comes up with the same old toolbar
        > settings that it had before. If I close it and launch with the
        > other shortcut, the toolbar shows the changes that I made to
        > the other one. This is much less desireable than having
        > ProginiSave and ProginiLoad do it but that is all we have right
        > now. Eric might fix us up in version 4.62 - do you
        > suppose/hope???? Cross your fingers.

        I believe it was working at one time. I remember quite well all
        the discussions one /L=ini :) Thank you for them all and I have
        used that. I believe I tested the ProgIniSave on the Toolbar
        when it first came out and remembering it working??? I found a
        good reason now to make a whole new toolbar - actually I knew it
        all the time, but just did not have the time to do it.

        Thanks!
        Jody

        Clean-Funnies: click and send...
        mailto:CF@...?subject=Subscribe

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 1999
          Hi Jody,

          At 05:57 PM 7/4/1999 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hi Larry and Eric,
          >
          >I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
          >ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?

          I am less certain than you. I have version 4.60 and tested it and this
          does not work there either. If it worked for you, I think that it would
          have to have been during beta testing before 4.60 was released.
          ProginiSave and ProginiLoad did not exist before 4.60.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...

        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 1999
            Hi Larry and Jody,

            >>I am almost certain we could change the Tools on the Toolbar with
            >>ProgIniSave/Load before. Am I imaging it or is it broke?
            >
            >I am less certain than you. I have version 4.60 and tested it and this
            >does not work there either. If it worked for you, I think that it would
            >have to have been during beta testing before 4.60 was released.
            >ProginiSave and ProginiLoad did not exist before 4.60.

            It's true, you cannot change the toolbar buttons through ProginiLoad. In
            fact, this has never been possible. I'll see if I can find a way to make it
            possible, but it really isn't a top priority so I prefer not to make any
            promisses (the Clip toolbar will be a better alternative anyway, once I
            implement it).

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            -----------
            NoteTab v4.6a available from

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 1999
              Hi Eric,

              It must have been in one of my NoteTab dreams then. Sure did work
              good though. <g> I know you will do what you can and I thank you
              for all of the past you did and more to come! :)

              >It's true, you cannot change the toolbar buttons through ProginiLoad. In
              >fact, this has never been possible. I'll see if I can find a way to make it
              >possible, but it really isn't a top priority so I prefer not to make any
              >promisses (the Clip toolbar will be a better alternative anyway, once I
              >implement it).

              c ya,
              Jody

              The whole world doth err save you