Re: [Clip] Quotes in variables

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      jelks@... wrote:

      > I want to find the position of the first and second double quote
      > characters in a line. So given a variable %x% that holds the line
      > question, how would you do something like this ...
      >
      > ^!Set %quote1%=^$StrPos(?????;"^%x%";false)$
      >
      > ?
      >
      > What would I use to tell it I'm looking for the position of a double
      > quote in the line? I tried '"' and "\"", but those were just
      > shameless guesses and, needless to say, non-functional. :)
      >
      > Thanks!

      jelks,

      Try this; ^$DecToChar(34)$

      34 is the character code for double quotes.

      ^$DecToChar(Decimal)$ (added in v4.8)
      Returns the character corresponding to the decimal value.
      Example:
      ^$DecToChar(83)$ -> S
      Note that you should avoid converting the following decimal
      values 1, 4, 5, and 6 to characters as they have a special
      meaning for the Clip interpreter.

      hrs