[Clip] Re: Problem with ^!Replace

  • smithergj@nswcl.navy.mil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
      > Hi Gary,
      >
      > Try using this:
      >
      > ^!Select Line
      > ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText THS
      >
      > (there is a tab character between the SearchText and ReplaceText).
      >
      > Dennis
      > Dennis N. Partridge
      > partridge@...

      That did the trick. My select line worked as expected.
      Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

      Gary

    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
        Hi Gary,

        >Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

        I don't use tabs in any of my clip programming. I *think* the Replace
        command is the only one that uses tabs optionally. From Help:

        ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" [Options TCIBGWHRSA]
        or
        ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText [Options TCIBGWHRSA]

        Similar to the "^!Find" command but replaces matches with the replace
        criteria. The first format uses spaces to separate parameters and the second
        uses a tab character. Use one or the other but do not mix the two formats
        within an instruction.

        Cheers,
        Ray Fitz