[Clip] Re: Problem with ^!Replace

  • Dennis Partridge
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
      At 04:49 AM 7/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >I've had a problem getting the following command sequence to work properly.
      >
      >^!Select LINE
      >^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" THS
      >
      >For some reason when I try this the select sequence will not select any
      line. Then the replace will place this into the text >>> "ReplaceText" THS

      >Can someone please help. I spent an hour yesterday to no avail.
      >
      >Gary

      Hi Gary,

      Try using this:

      ^!Select Line
      ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText THS

      (there is a tab character between the SearchText and ReplaceText).

      Dennis
      Dennis N. Partridge
      partridge@...

      The SurnameWeb
      http://www.surnameweb.org/
      Co-Founder and Team Leader

      The Partridge Nest (note new address!!!)
      http://www.partridgenest.com/
      Webmaster

    • smithergj@nswcl.navy.mil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
        > Hi Gary,
        >
        > Try using this:
        >
        > ^!Select Line
        > ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText THS
        >
        > (there is a tab character between the SearchText and ReplaceText).
        >
        > Dennis
        > Dennis N. Partridge
        > partridge@...

        That did the trick. My select line worked as expected.
        Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

        Gary

      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
          Hi Gary,

          >Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

          I don't use tabs in any of my clip programming. I *think* the Replace
          command is the only one that uses tabs optionally. From Help:

          ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" [Options TCIBGWHRSA]
          or
          ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText [Options TCIBGWHRSA]

          Similar to the "^!Find" command but replaces matches with the replace
          criteria. The first format uses spaces to separate parameters and the second
          uses a tab character. Use one or the other but do not mix the two formats
          within an instruction.

          Cheers,
          Ray Fitz