RE: [Clip] Re: Is there a key mapping or clip

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2001
      > Hi Ian,
      >
      > >I added it to the library that I use most often. And it indeed
      > >does what I requested..when I double click on the click name.
      >
      > You can make it so you only have to click once under the Clipbook
      > tab in Options.
      >
      > >Now what I'd like to do is to have a key mapping that will
      > >execute that code so I don't have to use the mouse to execute
      > >that clip.
      >
      > You cannot do that until version 5 when we will have programmable
      > keystrokes without the use of a mouse. At the present time, you
      > can use Alt+Spacebar to execute the Clip that is selected.

      Or now you can use 'esc' to bring up the 'In-Context Clipbook' lookup in
      help file.
      I use this almost exclusively in marking up xhtml documents as I find it the
      most efficient way of finding and executing clips.
      One undocumenteted feature of the 'In-Context Clipbook' is that it remember
      the last used clip.

      esc=> li => enter
      to activate the 'li' clip the next time
      esc=>enter

      As a hint for clip builders I think being aware of how the 'In-Context
      Clipbook works can alter the way you organise your clips in a library.
      In my xhtml library I ordered all the 'element' clips alphabetically as this
      is most likely the most intuitive way to find and activate my html 'element'
      clips through the incontext method.