[Clip] Problem with ^!Replace

  • smithergj@nswcl.navy.mil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
      I've had a problem getting the following command sequence to work properly.

      ^!Select LINE
      ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" THS

      For some reason when I try this the select sequence will not select any line. Then the replace will place this into the text >>> "ReplaceText" THS

      Can someone please help. I spent an hour yesterday to no avail.

      Gary

    • Dennis Partridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
        At 04:49 AM 7/2/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >I've had a problem getting the following command sequence to work properly.
        >
        >^!Select LINE
        >^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" THS
        >
        >For some reason when I try this the select sequence will not select any
        line. Then the replace will place this into the text >>> "ReplaceText" THS

        >Can someone please help. I spent an hour yesterday to no avail.
        >
        >Gary

        Hi Gary,

        Try using this:

        ^!Select Line
        ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText THS

        (there is a tab character between the SearchText and ReplaceText).

        Dennis
        Dennis N. Partridge
        partridge@...

        The SurnameWeb
        http://www.surnameweb.org/
        Co-Founder and Team Leader

        The Partridge Nest (note new address!!!)
        http://www.partridgenest.com/
        Webmaster

      • smithergj@nswcl.navy.mil
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
          > Hi Gary,
          >
          > Try using this:
          >
          > ^!Select Line
          > ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText THS
          >
          > (there is a tab character between the SearchText and ReplaceText).
          >
          > Dennis
          > Dennis N. Partridge
          > partridge@...

          That did the trick. My select line worked as expected.
          Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

          Gary

        • Raymond Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 1999
            Hi Gary,

            >Are tabs always used as delimiters for this clip language?

            I don't use tabs in any of my clip programming. I *think* the Replace
            command is the only one that uses tabs optionally. From Help:

            ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" [Options TCIBGWHRSA]
            or
            ^!Replace SearchText ReplaceText [Options TCIBGWHRSA]

            Similar to the "^!Find" command but replaces matches with the replace
            criteria. The first format uses spaces to separate parameters and the second
            uses a tab character. Use one or the other but do not mix the two formats
            within an instruction.

            Cheers,
            Ray Fitz