[Clip] Re: Debugger Aids in the Clip Assistant - Upgrade

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 1999
      Hi Aaron

      At 06:54 PM 6/29/1999 +0100, you wrote:
      >Larry -
      >>---------< start clip >---------
      >>H="Comment"
      >>^!Select Lines
      >>^!Select -2
      >>^!Set %StartRow%=^$GetRow$
      >>^!Jump Select_End
      >>^!Set %EndRow%=^$GetRow$
      >>^!SetCursor ^%StartRow%:1
      >>:Loop
      >>^!Select Line
      >>^!Replace "^;*" >> "" THSR
      >>^!Select Line
      >>^!Toolbar Copy
      >>^!InsertText ;
      >>^!Toolbar Paste
      >>^!Focusdoc
      >>^!If ^$Getrow$ > ^%EndRow% Exit Else Loop
      >>---------< end clip >-----------
      >
      >I tried this, but it didn't work. It seems that the "end row" and "start
      >row" are
      >backwards. When I switched the two, and jumped to select_start, like this:
      >
      >^!Select Lines
      >^!Select -2
      >^!Set %EndRow%=^$GetRow$
      >^!Jump Select_Start
      >^!Set %StartRow%=^$GetRow$
      >...etc...
      >
      >It worked. Your version only commented out the last line, because it was
      >setting startrow and endrow to the same thing: endrow. This is
      >particularly interesting -
      >if it works on yours, I'd be very interested to know why. Perhaps it's a
      >subtle difference
      >between NTP and NTS? I'm running NTP v 4.6/np.

      I am running NoteTab Pro V4.60a/np in Windows 98 and I tried to do this the
      way you did and I could not get it to work except to reverse it the way I
      did. This is strange because when I ran ^!Select Lines alone, the cursor
      indicator in the status bar indicated the cursor was always at the end of
      the selection so I would expect just what you experienced. But my clip
      kept malfunctioning and I started using breaks and Info statements to see
      what was going on and my EndRow showed the starting position of the
      selection. Go figure! I am glad you got it to work.

      I added ^!SetScreenupdate Off to mine like yours. I decided that I liked
      it better not jumping around like that although it was useful to see during
      testing.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...