Re: [Clip] Columnar data display

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1 9:17 PM
      I have benefitted several times from people writing clips which were better,
      more advanced, worked when mine didn't. I often write directly to the
      person to thank them. Frankly, thank you type of messages are considered
      bad form on several of the lists I belong to because they don't advance the
      topic.

      It all depends on how quickly the help gets there .... and sometimes the
      clip is to achieve a one time data conversion or something so no matter how
      good it gets ... I had one like that a while back where on day two of the
      excitement I used the clip rendered by the "group" and on day three or so
      someone did it in about one line instead of the 25 the committee used.

      Sometimes the end product is awesome and used over and over. A good example
      of excitement paying off was when we started the "snatch a web-safe" color
      thread. We wrote a clip to get the color from an outside source (freeware
      program) and the frank instead writes a great clip to put the colors in the
      clip bar (which I need to go get again after a meltdown this weekend ....
      sigh hard disk wiped). I used the ultimate output. I was also duly
      impressed by the generate a page on the fly clip in the middle of the
      thread.

      thread:

      Anyway ... as it may get overlooked sometimes ... thanks to all for
      contributing to my specific questions on occaision and to my knowledge base
      every time I read one of your posts.

      Don Passenger
      mailto:dpasseng@...