Re: [Clip] ^!RenameFile (was SetErrorLabel odd behavior)

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Harvey,
      >
      > >There seems to be a problem with ^!RenameFile "file_a" "file_b"
      >
      > It is working for me using the full path to the file in Pro. It
      > will not rename an open file on the tab, but does do it on the
      > drive which is correct behavior to the best of my knowledge.
      >
      > Happy Clip'n!
      > Jody

      Hi Jody,

      You probably have a legitimate point, I was trying to use
      Variables in place of literal filenames.

      hrs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2001
        Hi Harvey,

        Variables also work.

        ^!Set %old%=E:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\1.jwa; %new%=E:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\111.jwa
        ^!RenameFile "^%old%" "^%new%"

        I have made the mistake before (x2) trying to rename a file and
        having the new name in a different folder. I even got as far as
        writing the bug report until I said, "Duh" before sending it. ;)

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips