Re: [Clip] print

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001
      has anyone considered using 4.8's new command:

      ^!DirectPrint "Title" Data
      Prints text directly to the printer, bypassing NoteTab's print
      procedure. Uses default printer settings. Title is the text shown in
      the Print manager and Data is the text to send directly to the
      printer. Data can contain printer control codes.

      just copy the selection to a variable and use the variable name for
      the Data argument. that should do what elizabeth wants.

      t.d.

      --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Harvey R. Savage" <hsavage@s...> wrote:
      > Elizabeth Wild wrote:
      > >
      > > Since you already have TxtPrint installed, I would suggest the
      following clip

      > > ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
      > > ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"
      > >
      > > This will make use of TxtPrint's and Notetab's command line
      functions. Make sure that you include the full path for both the
      document and TxtPrint. This works just
      > > fine on my networked printer.
      > >
      > > Elizabeth Wild
      > > ewild@s...
      > >
      > > >Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I am assuming that it has
      > > >something to do with Windows NT and having a network printer.
      > > >
      > > >I already have TxtPrint installed for print preview and running
      > > >good, I was just wanting a quick print button that just printed
      the
      > > >selection you had on the screen without any other screen coming
      up.

      > > >Dan
      >
      > Jody, Elizabeth and Dan,
      >
      > The solution I am using for printing a selection quickly with no
      > hassle is Eric's "print text selection" clip written for
      > TxtPrint.
      >
      > I copied the clip to another location, renamed it and made 1 two
      > character change to the last line of the clip. I added the
      > command line switch '/p' to the last line. It works using the
      > options you have previously set in "TxtPrint'.
      >
      > hrs
      >
      > H="QwikPrint"

      ~~ snip ~~
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2001
        Hi Tom and All interested,

        >has anyone considered using 4.8's new command:
        >
        >^!DirectPrint "Title" Data
        >Prints text directly to the printer, bypassing NoteTab's print
        >procedure. Uses default printer settings. Title is the text shown in
        >the Print manager and Data is the text to send directly to the
        >printer. Data can contain printer control codes.

        Yes, not for the problem that was being worked on this thread
        earlier though. I am trying to figure out how to do color. It
        appears that HP control/printing characters are pretty much
        standard for all their printer models. So, here are two colors
        for HP printers.

        Blue
        Esc *v6S

        Red
        Esc *v12S

        I've tried it with and w/o the "*" and a few other ways as you
        can see below. I saw some color palettes to set on the HP
        document and I'm thinking maybe I have to choose one of those
        palettes for it to work. The base for this is from a post of
        Eric's in the paste, I think during beta testing or shortly
        after.

        ^!Set %Esc%=^$DecToChar(27)$
        ^!Set %Blue%=^$DecToChar(118)$
        ^!Set %Landscape%=^%Esc%&l1O; %Italic%=^%Esc%(s1S; %Normal%=^%Esc%(s0S
        ^!Set %Red%=^%Esc%*v12S; %Blue%=^%Esc%^%Blue%
        ^!DirectPrint "Any Text" ^%Blue%Hello^%Normal% ^%Red%World^%Normal% ^%Italic%sunny^%Normal% World^%nl%^%nl%^%Blue%^$GetText$^%PAGE%

        It does not work though for the color though.

        Here is the link I got it from for my 952c. If you have an HP
        printer you can replace my 952c below for your HP printer in the
        link below with your printer model number:

        http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=%2Bpcl+%2Bcodes+952c&col=hpcom+ccen&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1&nh=10&submit.x=8&submit.y=8

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips