find in actual header

  • manuel123@wanadoo.es
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
      I would like find in otl it there are ~ symbol, then it delete line, but
      when I do it in otl file it's find in all otl.
      I want to to only in the header where it's the cursor.

      Anyone can help me?. Thanks.

      ^!Keyboard ctrl+home

      :bucle
      ^!Find "~" IS
      ^!IfError End
      ^!DeleteLine

      ^!Goto bucle

      :End
      ^!Info: Work ok.

      ---
      manuel123@...
      Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
      Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
      http://manuel123.8m.com (en español)
      http://infoman.8m.com (english page)
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2001
        Hi Manuel,

        Following is to select all on one page. then the H option keeps the operation only to the selected or highlighted area.

        In theory that should do one whole page that is selected.

        But I am not REAL familiar with outline.

        So U might want try it on a copy instead of your original file. Or wait, see what some others say about it.

        ^!Select ALL

        :bucle
        ^!Find "~" ISH
        ^!IfError End
        ^!DeleteLine

        ^!Goto bucle

        :End
        ^!Info: Work ok.

        --------
        Alan.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 7:01 AM
          Hi Manuel,

          >I would like find in otl it there are ~ symbol, then it delete line, but
          >when I do it in otl file it's find in all otl.
          >I want to to only in the header where it's the cursor.

          Try opening a new file and use ^!InsertFile YourOTL.otl.

          ^!Jump 1
          :buckle
          ^!Find "H="" IS
          ^!Select EOL
          ^!Find "~" HIS
          ^!IfError End
          ^!Jump Select_End
          ^!DeleteLine
          ^!Goto buckle

          http://www.notetab.net

          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
        • manuel123@wanadoo.es
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 9:10 AM
            On 1 Jul 2001, at 9:01, Jody wrote:

            ry opening a new file and use ^!InsertFile YourOTL.ot

            MANUEL
            Thanks for you idea. I'm thinking :-??
            I want to select all line with symbol ~ for put a copy at the start of
            the header of otl file.

            Here is my work on sundays ;-)

            the clip stop when are in different header and go back to the
            header where I start.

            The idea are select lines to put at the start with the title contents

            ^!Jump 1
            ^!set %NT%=^$GetTopicIndex$
            ^!Info You are in topic ^$GetTopicIndex$
            ^!Info I will delete symbol ~ in Topic ^$GetTopicIndex$

            :buckle
            ^!Find "~" HIS
            ^!If ^%NT% <> ^$GetTopicIndex$ End

            ^!IfError End
            ^!DeleteLine

            ^!Goto buckle

            :End
            ^!SetTopicIndex ^%NT%

            ---
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 5:47 PM
              Hi Manuel,

              >ry opening a new file and use ^!InsertFile YourOTL.ot
              >
              >MANUEL
              >Thanks for you idea. I'm thinking :-??
              >I want to select all line with symbol ~ for put a copy at the
              >start of the header of otl file.

              Yes, you can do it like you have below as long as there are not
              anymore "~" tildes (I think that thing is called;) in the Outline
              outside the headings. That is why I did it the way I sent it to
              you finding "H=" first then extending the selection to EOL using
              the H option so you only searched headers. I normally do not use
              Deleteline unless I really what the whole line deleted including
              the CR/LF. I do see your way that you can do it right in an open
              Outline. I find if you have to do all the headings and there are
              100s it is best to insert the file into a new doc. I goes a lot
              quicker like that.