print

  • DanM@Nutron.Ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
      Thank you everyone for your help with my DirectPrint question.

      Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I am assuming that it has
      something to do with Windows NT and having a network printer.

      I already have TxtPrint installed for print preview and running
      good, I was just wanting a quick print button that just printed the
      selection you had on the screen without any other screen coming up.

      Dan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
        Hi Dan,

        It is possible to open & close TxtPrint in a Clip as in, the one you
        maybe familiar with that Eric wrote. If you are interested let me
        know and I will check it out.

        >Thank you everyone for your help with my DirectPrint question.
        >
        >Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I am assuming that it has
        >something to do with Windows NT and having a network printer.
        >
        >I already have TxtPrint installed for print preview and running
        >good, I was just wanting a quick print button that just printed the
        >selection you had on the screen without any other screen coming up.
        >
        >Dan

        http://www.notetab.net

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
      • Elizabeth Wild
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
          Since you already have TxtPrint installed, I would suggest the following clip

          ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
          ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"

          This will make use of TxtPrint's and Notetab's command line functions. Make sure that you include the full path for both the document and TxtPrint. This works just
          fine on my networked printer.

          Elizabeth Wild
          ewild@...

          Original message from: DanM@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
            Hi Elizabeth and Dan,

            I didn't know TxtPrint had command line arguments. I do not
            print much with it. It's mainly NoteTab or Word. Thanks.
            More follows...

            >Since you already have TxtPrint installed, I would suggest the
            >following clip
            >
            >^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
            >^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"

            With just a few more lines you can have it print the selection if
            there is text selected or the whole document if there is no
            selection.

            ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetSelection$)$ PrintFile
            ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
            ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"
            ^!Goto End

            :PrintFile
            ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetText$
            ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"

            http://www.notetab.net

            http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips
          • Harvey R. Savage
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2001
              Elizabeth Wild wrote:

              > Since you already have TxtPrint installed, I would suggest the following clip
              >
              > ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
              > ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"
              >
              > This will make use of TxtPrint's and Notetab's command line functions. Make sure that you include the full path for both the document and TxtPrint. This works just
              > fine on my networked printer.
              >
              > Elizabeth Wild
              > ewild@...
              >
              > >Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I am assuming that it has
              > >something to do with Windows NT and having a network printer.
              > >
              > >I already have TxtPrint installed for print preview and running
              > >good, I was just wanting a quick print button that just printed the
              > >selection you had on the screen without any other screen coming up.
              > >
              > >Dan

              Jody, Elizabeth and Dan,

              The solution I am using for printing a selection quickly with no
              hassle is Eric's "print text selection" clip written for
              TxtPrint.

              I copied the clip to another location, renamed it and made 1 two
              character change to the last line of the clip. I added the
              command line switch '/p' to the last line. It works using the
              options you have previously set in "TxtPrint'.

              hrs

              H="QwikPrint"
              ;Exit Clip if no text is selected
              ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ = 0 Exit
              ;Get path name of TxtPrint program from NoteTab's INI file and
              assign to variable
              ^!Set %ProgName%=^$GetValue(efoTxtPrintPath)$TxtPrint.exe

              :CheckName
              ;Jump to Start label if the TxtPrint program is found, otherwise
              prompt user for path and file name
              ^!IfFileExist "^%ProgName%" Start
              ;Show Clip wizard to find TxtPrint program
              ^!Set %ProgName%=^?{(T=O;F="TxtPrint program|TxtPrint.exe")Please
              indicate location of TxtPrint program=^%ProgName%}
              ;Save path name to NoteTab's INI file
              ^!SaveValue efoTxtPrintPath=^$GetPath("^%ProgName%")$
              ; Jump to the CheckName label
              ^!Goto CheckName

              :Start
              ;Windows will take care of deleting this file when you quit
              ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetTempFile$
              ;Save selected text to temporary file
              ^!TextToFile "^%FileName%" ^$GetSelection$
              ;Send temporary file to TxtPrint program
              ^!"^%ProgName% /p" "^%FileName%"
            • Tom
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001
                has anyone considered using 4.8's new command:

                ^!DirectPrint "Title" Data
                Prints text directly to the printer, bypassing NoteTab's print
                procedure. Uses default printer settings. Title is the text shown in
                the Print manager and Data is the text to send directly to the
                printer. Data can contain printer control codes.

                just copy the selection to a variable and use the variable name for
                the Data argument. that should do what elizabeth wants.

                t.d.

                --- In ntb-clips@y..., "Harvey R. Savage" <hsavage@s...> wrote:
                > Elizabeth Wild wrote:
                > >
                > > Since you already have TxtPrint installed, I would suggest the
                following clip

                > > ^!TextToFile "TempPrint.txt" ^$GetSelection$
                > > ^!C:\txtprint.exe /p "TempPrint.txt"
                > >
                > > This will make use of TxtPrint's and Notetab's command line
                functions. Make sure that you include the full path for both the
                document and TxtPrint. This works just
                > > fine on my networked printer.
                > >
                > > Elizabeth Wild
                > > ewild@s...
                > >
                > > >Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I am assuming that it has
                > > >something to do with Windows NT and having a network printer.
                > > >
                > > >I already have TxtPrint installed for print preview and running
                > > >good, I was just wanting a quick print button that just printed
                the
                > > >selection you had on the screen without any other screen coming
                up.

                > > >Dan
                >
                > Jody, Elizabeth and Dan,
                >
                > The solution I am using for printing a selection quickly with no
                > hassle is Eric's "print text selection" clip written for
                > TxtPrint.
                >
                > I copied the clip to another location, renamed it and made 1 two
                > character change to the last line of the clip. I added the
                > command line switch '/p' to the last line. It works using the
                > options you have previously set in "TxtPrint'.
                >
                > hrs
                >
                > H="QwikPrint"

                ~~ snip ~~
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2001
                  Hi Tom and All interested,

                  >has anyone considered using 4.8's new command:
                  >
                  >^!DirectPrint "Title" Data
                  >Prints text directly to the printer, bypassing NoteTab's print
                  >procedure. Uses default printer settings. Title is the text shown in
                  >the Print manager and Data is the text to send directly to the
                  >printer. Data can contain printer control codes.

                  Yes, not for the problem that was being worked on this thread
                  earlier though. I am trying to figure out how to do color. It
                  appears that HP control/printing characters are pretty much
                  standard for all their printer models. So, here are two colors
                  for HP printers.

                  Blue
                  Esc *v6S

                  Red
                  Esc *v12S

                  I've tried it with and w/o the "*" and a few other ways as you
                  can see below. I saw some color palettes to set on the HP
                  document and I'm thinking maybe I have to choose one of those
                  palettes for it to work. The base for this is from a post of
                  Eric's in the paste, I think during beta testing or shortly
                  after.

                  ^!Set %Esc%=^$DecToChar(27)$
                  ^!Set %Blue%=^$DecToChar(118)$
                  ^!Set %Landscape%=^%Esc%&l1O; %Italic%=^%Esc%(s1S; %Normal%=^%Esc%(s0S
                  ^!Set %Red%=^%Esc%*v12S; %Blue%=^%Esc%^%Blue%
                  ^!DirectPrint "Any Text" ^%Blue%Hello^%Normal% ^%Red%World^%Normal% ^%Italic%sunny^%Normal% World^%nl%^%nl%^%Blue%^$GetText$^%PAGE%

                  It does not work though for the color though.

                  Here is the link I got it from for my 952c. If you have an HP
                  printer you can replace my 952c below for your HP printer in the
                  link below with your printer model number:

                  http://search.hp.com/query.html?qt=%2Bpcl+%2Bcodes+952c&col=hpcom+ccen&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1&nh=10&submit.x=8&submit.y=8