Re: [Clip] Select & Delete

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
      Hi Alan,

      > ^!Find "^%char%" S

      That did it!

      > ^%srchchar%
      > it seemed act funny using above...

      Yes. ^%srchchar% should be changed to ^%char%

      Thanks Much,

      tf
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
        Hi,

        >Minor prob with a simple clip:
        >
        >^!Set %Counter%=^$GetLineCount$
        >^!Set %char%=^?{Find the first instance of char and delete to EOL:}
        >^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%char%)$ End
        >:loop
        >^!Find "^%srchchar%"
        >^!IfError show
        >^!Select EOL
        >^!KEYBOARD BACKSPACE
        >^!Jump +1
        >^!Dec %Counter%
        >^!If ^%Counter% > 0 loop Else show
        >:show
        >
        >After iterating though all lines (and deleting properly) a confirm
        >alertbox appears with yes-no buttons. How can this be avoided?

        You need to add the option S (silent search) to the Find command. It's in
        the help file, right under ^!Find. ;)
        I assume %char% and %srchchar% should be the same? Else the clip doesn't
        make sense.

        Lotta
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
          David,

          >I'd like some lines which will pause in a clip, wait about 10
          >seconds, and then continue if I don't react. I'd also like to be
          >able to abort the clip during this pause in some pleasanter way than
          >alt-ctrl.

          ^!Continue may work for you. You'll have to react to make it continue
          though, not the other way around. :)

          This is getting ridiculous. I answered Franks post and didn't see my
          answer. After awhile Alan answered saying the same thing as I did. I went
          to yahoogroups to check. There I also find a post from Frank re Alan's
          post. Both posted prior to mine (that still hasn't showed up). I also found
          this post from David that I didn't get. Then I didn't care to search
          anymore. I guess mass protesting to yahoo is no use?

          Grumpy AKA Lotta
        • djust@bigfoot.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
            > This is getting ridiculous. I answered Franks post and didn't see
            my
            > answer. After awhile Alan answered saying the same thing as I did.
            I went
            > to yahoogroups to check. There I also find a post from Frank re
            Alan's
            > post. Both posted prior to mine (that still hasn't showed up). I
            also found
            > this post from David that I didn't get. Then I didn't care to
            search
            > anymore. I guess mass protesting to yahoo is no use?

            Maybe it will comfort you to know that I get about 20% of the posts.
            When I've posted something and don't get an answer for a while, I go
            to Yahoo to look.

            Jody suggested that I unsubscribe and resubscribe, but I haven't
            tried it yet.

            David.
          • thefrank
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
              Hi Lotta,

              >There I also find a post from Frank re Alan's post. Both posted
              >prior to mine....

              Yahoo! (say it with fervor...) I tried to change my reply email and
              it removed me from the group! Had to re-join...which took maybe 20
              minutes...

              I suppose there is something to providing the first reply, or
              declining to reply if the correct solution has already been provided,
              but personally, I appreciate several replies even when they say the
              same thing. They seem to confirm to me the best thinking of the
              group, and I (usually) quit trying to re-invent the wheel.

              Thank You for your reply.

              tf
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
                Hi Frank,

                >I suppose there is something to providing the first reply, or
                >declining to reply if the correct solution has already been provided,

                I don't care about that more than that one feels stupid when seemingly
                repeating what some one else has said. My concern is even more egoistic. I
                probably miss posts that could have been useful for me.

                I know there's not much to do. I don't think Jody should change list
                provider. There aren't many others left than Topica and Topica is even
                worse. I just miss the egroups days when this happened often enough but not
                ALL the time. I remember we even managed to have conversations between
                several posters that were possible to follow and take part in. Those were
                the days...

                Boo for Yahoo!
                Lotta
              • thefrank
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
                  Hi Lotta, Hugo, Alan, et.al.

                  Yes. Now this gets interesting.

                  To also use the ELSE function with one of the various ^!If operators
                  opens up a whole method of switching within the clip to quickly allow
                  open other files, do something, open new files, paste something,
                  deelete and edit...or NOT...or something only slightly different as
                  else-called to a different loop with appended variables.

                  Seems to me the If-Else combo would be the method of choice to solve
                  David's original question this thread.

                  I can also see how If-Else use will allow me to build clips more
                  similar to the PHP functions on our DB backend (server).

                  (You have all probably grasped this already, but its welcome news to
                  me...kinda slow sometimes...)

                  Regards,

                  tf
                • Alan C.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
                    Hi tf, everyone,

                    >Seems to me the If-Else combo would be the method of choice to solve
                    >David's original question this thread.

                    An else of sorts did exist though I left it out.

                    ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ end

                    If the condition is met the clip ends else (given that the condition is not met then) the parser goes to the next line and the clip continues to run.

                    an

                    else next

                    clause is to go to the next line of code.

                    But, without an else clause, if a condition is not met then the next order of business is to proceed on the next line of code.

                    If you never (at least at that particular point of the clip) wanted to go to the next line of code then you could

                    ^!If ^%numbr% > 3 skip_-2 else label1
                    ^!nextlineofcode
                    :label1

                    or