Re: [Clip] Reading path from ini file

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001
      Hi Marcus,
      Yes. (Why else would there ever be a problem with NoteTab?)

      > ^!Set %path%=^$GetShort("^$GetValue(ClipValues:Directory)$")$
      > ^%path%

      > testclip.ini
      >
      > [ClipValues]
      > "Directory"="C:\Program Files\ThisApp\"

      > Is there a syntax error?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Marcus

      One problem is that in the .ini file the word 'Directory' is enclosed
      in double quotes.
      If that is the way you want to keep it, the command to retrieve it needs
      to be:
      ^!Set %path%=^$GetShort("^$GetValue(ClipValues:"Directory")$")$

      I would suggest instead you look at the clip to save the value and
      remove one layer of quotes. There are specific rules in the clip
      language on the GetValue and SaveValue functions as to needing quotes
      and I believe having the key be in quotes could be confusing to the
      programmer (if not NoteTab itself.)
      G'luck,
      Stephen