Two Fields In A dialog

  • jhomme@benderconsult.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2001
      Hi,
      Just getting my feet wet with clip writing. Here's what I want to do:
      Duplicate the idea of the FTP utilities clip, which has many fields
      in the same dialog. My clip does this:

      Gets the word at the cursor and puts it in a varible.
      Brings up a list box using [(t=l)] of places to look it up.
      Uses the variable in a prompt with {} with a default edit box.
      Goes to the web to lok up the word.

      How can I get the two fields to show up in one dialog box instead of
      two?

      Thanks.

      jim
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 5 , May 30, 2001
        Hi Jim,

        Try using {} instead of [] and setting a variable for each field
        value on a separate line:

        ^!Set %field1%={valuegoeshere}
        ^!Set %field2%={valuegoeshere}

        Later in the clip you can include the values using ^%field1% etc.

        Regards,

        tf
      • thefrank
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30, 2001
          Hi again,

          After posting, I realized me earlier reply was misleading. Try:

          ^!Set %field1%=^?{"value1goeshere"};%field2%=^?{"value2goeshere"}

          on one line using the ; as a separator, intead of earlier msg.

          Regards,

          tf
        • jhomme@benderconsult.com
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2001
            Hi,
            One of the things you said about this helped me get this working.
            Thank you. It was one of the things you said in the middle of your
            main point. That was to make sure the whole thing is in one long
            line. I selected the fields I wanted in my dialog and pressed
            control+j to join it all into one big line. Now I get both fields
            together in one dialog box with the title set the way I want it set.
            Thank you very much for this help. I'm going to have fun with this
            clip writing stuff.

            Jim
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2001
              Hi Jim,

              You create multiple fields in one wizard by using [Brackets]
              where you need them in the script. {Braces} need to be put in
              a string like you were shown.

              >Gets the word at the cursor and puts it in a varible.

              ^!Set %varible1%=^$GetWord$; %varible2%=^?{(tl)Choice1=item|Choice2=item|Choice3=item}

              The above is one long line.

              ^!Select Word
              ^!Set %varible1%=^$GetSelection$
              ; stuff...
              ^!Set %varible2%=^?[(tl)Choice1=item|Choice2=item|Choice3=item]
              ; stuff...
              ^!Set %varible2%=^?[(tl)Choice1=^%varible1%|^%varible2%|Choice3=item]

              The two above will both open in one wizard.

              http://www.notetab.net

              http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips