Re: [Clip] surfing in otl file by links or other files

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20 12:34 AM
      Hi ¡ Manuel,

      >Here it's the clip that i would like tell me what I can change for
      >better ok.

      I didn't see anything. But sometimes interuption occurs, at least it does so for me, whereby the variables don't seem to hold and work again after activity that occurred prior to running a 2nd clip which accesses variables set by the first clip.

      You might try adding p_ onto the front of each of your variables (Ntab help | clip language variables)

      Or, Instead of variables, write the values to an ini file then pull them when needed (I still have yet to learn this one its got to be easy though).

      Or, if a teeny bit of disk activity is ok (writes a very small file to disk each time) then write a farclip (to disk) then run the farclip to get back. The following does so. (it got back really well) If desire, you can run the forward clip then go to Ntab's scripts directory and open the mysurf.dat file to see that it is nothing but a clip with three clip commands in it.

      TextToFile line is rather lengthy; also critical in same line there is some needed spaces, needed for the clip commands in the mysurf.dat file. And may be other lines long enough that accrue email line breaks.

      H="FORWAD"
      ^!Set %open%=_~Open
      ^!Set %sti%=_~SetTopicIndex
      ^!Set %jmp%=_~Jump
      ;
      ^!Set %open%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%open%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %open%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%open%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %sti%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%sti%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %sti%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%sti%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Set %jmp%=^$StrReplace(_;^;^%jmp%;False;False)$
      ^!Set %jmp%=^$StrReplace(~;!;^%jmp%;False;False)$
      ;
      ^!Deletefile ^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat
      ^!TextToFile "^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat" ;storeit^%NL%^%NL%H="surfnow"^%NL%^%open% "^$GetDocName$"^%NL%^%sti% ^$GetTopicIndex$^%NL%^%jmp% ^$GetRow$
      ;---end of long line
      ; Jump to link
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+H
      ;----<end of clip<<

      H="BACK"
      ^!Toolbar Close Document
      ^!FarClip "^$GetScriptPath$mysurf.dat:"surfnow""
      ;----<end of clip<<

      Fly hi once in a while. Take caution while doing so. Have fun. Alan.