test with clips, suggestion

  • Manuel
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2 2:48 PM
      I'm thinking in the posibilities to make a test with clips similar to

      1. Which is the last versión of notetab

      A. 2
      B. 4
      C. 5.8

      the idea is count the correct answer or the clip write in other file,
      by example, add to file the bad answer.

      By example tell to clip
      if answer is C the question is ok
      and then you have a x percent of total of question.

      the idea is good for teachers. Other people can use notetab light for
      make the exam :-?

      Another idea is the clip exit if there are more than x error in the
      text,, or tell me the correct answer if I make a mistake

      It's some ideas for think :-????
      ---
      manuel123@...
      Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
      Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
      http://manuel123.8m.com (en español)
      http://infoman.8m.com (english page)
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2 11:51 PM
        Hi Manuel,

        Well, you got me thinking...so...

        This is a beginning, 2 clips, load both in a library. Start with Test
        Information. Name the test, date, Number of Questions. This clip will
        then call the other clip to build the test with until the Number of
        Questions is fulfilled. I only tested in NoteTabPro.

        I didn't have much time, and I'm confident that other clippers can
        improve to write new docs (with and without answers) etc.

        First Clip:

        H="Test Information"
        ^!Set %TestName%=^?[Test Name]
        ^!Set %TestDate%=^?[Date]
        ^!Set %NumberOfQuestions%=^?[How Many Questions?]
        ^!Set %CountQuestions%=^%NumberOfQuestions%
        ^!Dec %CountQuestions%
        ^!Set %QuestionNumber%=^$calc(^%NumberOfQuestions%-^%CountQuestions%)$
        ^!Set %WizardLabel%=^%TestName% : Question ^%QuestionNumber%
        ^!SetWizardLabel "^%WizardLabel%"
        Test: ^%TestName%
        Date: ^%TestDate%
        Form: ^%NumberOfQuestions% Multiple Choice Questions
        ----------------------------------
        ^!KEYBOARD ENTER ENTER
        ^!Clip MultipleChoiceTest

        Second Clip:

        H="MultipleChoiceTest"
        ^!ClearVariable %Question%
        ^!ClearVariable %Answer1%
        ^!ClearVariable %Answer2%
        ^!ClearVariable %Answer3%
        ^!ClearVariable %CorrectAnswer%
        ^!Set %Question%=^?[This Question]
        ^!Set %Answer1%=^?[Answer 1]
        ^!Set %Answer2%=^?[Answer 2]
        ^!Set %Answer3%=^?[Answer 3]
        ^!Set %CorrectAnswer%=^?[Correct Answer==Answer 1^=Answer: A. ^%
        Answer1% |Answer 2^=Answer: B. ^%Answer2% |Answer 3^=Answer: C. ^%
        Answer3%]
        ^!Set %AnswerA%=^$StrFormat("A. ^%Answer1%";8;60;Yes)$
        ^!Set %AnswerB%=^$StrFormat("B. ^%Answer2%";8;60;Yes)$
        ^!Set %AnswerC%=^$StrFormat("C. ^%Answer3%";8;60;Yes)$
        ^%QuestionNumber%: ^%Question%
        ^%AnswerA%
        ^%AnswerB%
        ^%AnswerC%
        ^!KEYBOARD ENTER ENTER
        ^%CorrectAnswer%
        ^!KEYBOARD ENTER ENTER
        ----------------------------------
        ^!KEYBOARD ENTER ENTER
        ^!Dec %CountQuestions%
        ^!Set %QuestionNumber%=^$calc(^%NumberOfQuestions%-^%CountQuestions%)$
        ^!ClearVariable %WizardLabel%
        ^!Set %WizardLabel%=^%TestName% : Question ^%QuestionNumber%
        ^!SetWizardLabel "^%WizardLabel%"
        ^!If ^%CountQuestions% > -1 Next Else END
        ^!Clip MultipleChoiceTest

        (I noticed a long line wrapped in the 2nd clip. Be sure to unwrap
        long lines)

        regards,

        tf
      • Manuel
        Message 3 of 14 , May 19 9:34 AM
          I would like to run a path of document similar to
          1. Start button
          2. Run
          3. Write the path of document
          4. Launc file (such as *.xls, *.doc)

          My idea is write path between < and >.
          Example:
          <"C:\bd\lm\cursos\Nomina\mod-rbo-salarios.doc">
          but it's appear internet explorer and I want word for doc
          excel for xls

          Here it's the clip

          LanzaFile
          ^!Select Line
          ^!Jump Line_start
          ^!Select Line
          ^!Find "<" TSIH

          ^!IfError End

          ^!Keyboard RIGHT LEFT

          ;Comienza el inicio del texto seleccionado
          ^!Jump select_start
          ^!Set %r1%=^$getrow$
          ^!Set %c1%=^$getcol$
          ^!Find ">" TSIH

          ^!IfError End

          ^!Keyboard Left
          ^!Jump select_end
          ^!SelectTo ^%r1%:^%c1%

          ^!explorer.exe ^$GetSelection$

          ^!SetCursor ^%r1%:^%c1%

          :End
          ^!Keyboard HOme

          ---
          manuel123@...
          Cursos para ciegos (Courses for blind people)
          Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
          http://manuel123.8m.com (en español)
          http://infoman.8m.com (english page)
        • Alan C.
          Message 4 of 14 , May 19 2:21 PM
            Hi Manuel,

            The 2 set lines are long enuff they *might* get line break from email.

            I played with a toolbar command, match bracket. Looked in Ntab Regular Expression help too. I'm new to reg ex :-)

            By the way, interestingly, at the second strreplace line, not only does Ntab strip the > but Ntab also strips the quotes too. Though stripped quotes came to me unexpected, Not a problem 'cause the quotes are put back on during the Shell line.

            H="Launch Assoc File"
            ; Last edited:Saturday, 19 May 2001
            ^!Jump LINE_START
            ^!Find [\<] BSR
            ^!Jump Select_End
            ^!Toolbar Match Bracket
            ^!Set %brakt%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^$GetSelection$";False;False)$
            ^!Set %filpth%=^$StrReplace(">";"";"^%brakt%";False;False)$
            ; ^!Info [L]^%filpth%
            ^!Shell "^%filpth%"
            ;----<end of clip<<

            1. First, in a Ntab doc, placed cursor anywhere on the line containing <"C:\bd\lm\cursos\Nomina\mod-rbo-salarios.doc">

            2. Then, ran the clip. Worked fine for me on an associated (.doc or .xls) file.

            But, (another similar but different scenario than yours) Syntax for ^!Shell need be another added parameter if it is a *not associated* file. For example, to open a .txt file in MsWord:
            ^!Shell "path to Winword.exe" "filepath\filename.txt"

            Have fun. Alan.

            >4. Launc file (such as *.xls, *.doc)
            >
            >My idea is write path between < and >.
            >Example:
            ><"C:\bd\lm\cursos\Nomina\mod-rbo-salarios.doc">
            >but it's appear internet explorer and I want word for doc
            >excel for xls
          • thefrank
            Message 5 of 14 , May 19 3:06 PM
              Ola Manuel,

              > but it's appear internet explorer and I want word for doc excel for
              xls...

              Try replacing the line:

              ^!explorer.exe ^$GetSelection$

              with:

              ^!^$GetSelection$

              This seems to do the trick here, using NTPv4.85

              Regards,

              tf
            • Manuel
              Message 6 of 14 , May 19 7:18 PM
                (Cita de Alan C.)
                >Have fun. Alan.

                ¡That's great!

                Then I add a lines to the star. For example if the file it's in the
                same folder that document where is the link.

                It's perfect because I can open a document with the associate
                application without write the path because in this example the
                document and .txt or .otl where is the link it's in the same folder.

                And i can put the cursor in before lines, because the clip find the
                next < simbol

                Example:
                some text (cursor here, for example)
                some text <"mod-rbo-salarios.doc"> coment about file

                Launch Assoc File = folder
                ; Last edited:Saturday, 19 May 2001
                ; help by "Alan C." <acummings@...>
                ;Asigna a la variable file el nombre del doc actual
                ^!Set %file%=^$GetDocName$
                ;Asigna a la variable path la ruta del doc actual
                ^!Set %path%=^$GetPath(^%file%)$

                ^!Jump LINE_START
                ^!Find [\<] BSR
                ^!Jump Select_End
                ^!Toolbar Match Bracket
                ^!Set %brakt%=^$StrReplace("<";"";"^$GetSelection$";False;False)$
                ^!Set %filpth%=^$StrReplace(">";"";"^%brakt%";False;False)$
                ; ^!Info [L]^%filpth%
                ^!Shell "^%path%^%filpth%"
                ---
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14, 2001
                  How I punt more down a box.

                  All box appear in the center of the my windows but I would like to put
                  more down, in another position. It's Posible?

                  For example

                  ^!Set %ra%=^?{Enter a number, we are looking for 6}

                  But the box apear above the text and I have to drop down to see the
                  text .
                  ---
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 15, 2001
                    Hi Manuel,

                    There are only a few that you can do what you want. The Find and
                    Replace dialogs and the Favorites window are two that comes to
                    mind. Click on the icon on the Titlebar after resizing and
                    positioning the window.

                    http://www.notetab.net

                    http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips