$Calc(ARG?)

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to write myself some listings of clip language.
      I'm not at all a mathematician, but I came up with non-error-producing
      listings of all the mathematical functions except ARG.

      For instance

      ^!Info $Calc(ArcTan(2))$: ^$Calc(ArcTan(2))$

      Produces
      $Calc(ArcTan(2))$: 1.11

      I would have assumed ARG has to do with arguments (like args in
      JavaScript). In clip language, I thinking of passing parameters to a
      function (but don't really know if there is a difference.) Anyway, if
      ARG had to do with that, then it would not be a mathematical function
      but something else.

      So would some wizard out there please let me know, (If you don't mind
      too much) saying just what ARG is and what it is used for and how and
      that kind of thang.

      Thanks,
      Stephen
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
        Hi Stephen,

        When it comes to math, I use the ARRGHH! function a lot. <g>

        Larry

        On 4 Apr 2001, at 23:49, Stephen wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > I'm trying to write myself some listings of clip language.
        > I'm not at all a mathematician, but I came up with non-error-producing
        > listings of all the mathematical functions except ARG.

        Larry Hamilton, Jr.
        lm_hamilton@...
        http://notlimah.tripod.com/
        http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/

      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
          Hi Larry,

          So that's it, a typo! I guess my listing should be:

          ^!Info $calc(ARRGHH!)$: ^$calc(ARRGHH!)$

          Which would return

          $calc(ARRGHH!)$: GET OVER IT!

          THANKS,
          Stephen