[Clip] Re: a clip for setting the basefont family, and size in PIXELS not abbritrary header numbers -- please test

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hi Michael,

      > definition of body, seems to be a bit querky...

      NS has so many revs between 4.0 and 6.0 it can certainly be
      frustrating. It helps to remember that NS DOM was always *top-down*
      (until 6) and MSIE was (and is) *bubble-up*. A couple of links I
      found helpful:

      http://www.webreview.com/style/css1/charts/mastergrid.shtml
      A fairly comprehensive css compatibility guide (with workarounds)

      http://www.netmechanic.com/ads/f256.htm
      A service that sends you a *photo* of what your page looks like in
      many different browsers and versions (pay per use or subscribe)

      generally, I have found using external CSS much less prob than
      inline, but still prefer BG image in <body...> so it will load first.

      regards,

      tf