Encryption Strength

  • webmasterjmc@cros.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hello all "Tabbers":

      In Reference to Encrypt/Decrypt Clip functions, I need to know what
      actual encryption strength these clips produce. I know that it is
      not Triple DES Blowfish stuff and less than 128 bit (maybe 40 bit?).
      A client of mine needed to know.

      Thank You in advance,
      John Cerbus
      Port Clinton, Ohio
      webmasterjmc@...
    • webmasterjmc@cros.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        Let me clairfy: I know the encryption algorithm is based on RC4. I
        just need the koow the bit strength.

        Thanks again!
        John Cerbus
        Port Clinton, Ohio
        webmasterjmc@...

        --- In ntb-clips@y..., webmasterjmc@c... wrote:
        > Hello all "Tabbers":
        >
        > In Reference to Encrypt/Decrypt Clip functions, I need to know
        what
        > actual encryption strength these clips produce. I know that it is
        > not Triple DES Blowfish stuff and less than 128 bit (maybe 40
        bit?).
        > A client of mine needed to know.
        >
        > Thank You in advance,
        > John Cerbus
        > Port Clinton, Ohio
        > webmasterjmc@c...
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2001
          Hello John,

          >Let me clairfy: I know the encryption algorithm is based on RC4. I
          >just need the koow the bit strength.
          >
          >--- In ntb-clips@y..., webmasterjmc@c... wrote:
          > >In Reference to Encrypt/Decrypt Clip functions, I need to know what
          > > actual encryption strength these clips produce. I know that it is
          > > not Triple DES Blowfish stuff and less than 128 bit (maybe 40 bit?).
          > > A client of mine needed to know.

          Since the algorithm accepts variable sized keys, it really depends how long
          your key is. In NoteTab, the key can be up to 255 characters long, which is
          equivalent to 2040 bits.

          Regards,
          Eric G.V. Fookes