Re: a clip for setting the basefont family, and size in PIXELS not abbritrary header numbers -- please test

  • psteeper@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hi Michael,
      I tested your clip in IE 5.5 on Win2K and it worked fine.
      I find web sites that use pixel sizes cause a lot of problems for
      users because of certain assumptions that are made by web designers.
      They assume everyone has the same monitor resolution and visual
      acuity. It is better to use relative sizes so a user can adjust the
      font size to meet their own requirements. This will make your web
      site accessible to far more users.
      -Peter
      www.velohalifax.ca

      ...I have been trying to think of a way to set the size of the base
      font in either pixles or points, as it is far more acurate, and
      pixles being the best for Cross-Browser compatibility, I wanted to
      use that, but the basefont secification only allows for the setting
      of headings, until i realized that you could set the ID attribute and
      give it a style> Michael

      > ^!Set %Font%=^?{(h=3)What font family==Times^="Times New Roman",
      Georgia, Times|SanSerif^=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-
      Regular|Courier^="Courier New", Courier, Monaco}; %size%=^?{Size in
      Pixles}